Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
'78 Mog 416.141 DoKa
3,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Somewhere in another thread Esde wrote:

Here in the US Mcmaster-Carr sells 12 and 24 volt solenoid valves for pressurized gas. I bought 2 for about $25 each, and will install them with lighted switches as indicators. I'm waiting to do it till I get around to moving the fuse panel, replacing it with a waterproof marine unit that accepts blade style fuses. I can't stand those pesky pellet style fuses! I'll probably move the panel to the firewall on the passenger side as there's lots of room there. Hope this helps, Seth
I have bought two of these fuse blocks:

http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/Product/tf-Browse/s-10101/Pr-p_Product.CATENTRY_ID:2005167/showCustom-0/p-2005167/N-111+10201+600001611/c-10101

These are pretty high quality, 6 fuse (just like 406/416) blocks, that take modern ATO fuses. Unlike a lot of the aftermarket fuse blocks, these have SIX INDIVIDUAL CIRCUITS, not six branches off a common bus. They are almost exactly the same width as the OEM fuse blocks and will fit side-by-side in the original location. All one needs to do is disconnect the wires, solder or crimp spade lugs and attach to the new blocks.

This is a great way to ditch the Lucas/Bosch clip-in fuses and the "issues" that go along with them. Plus, if the time ever come to go back to stock, it's pretty easy to "unconvert".

·
Registered
mogless, except for my friends MB4-94. And a bunch of other diesel junk.
2,512 Posts
I bought a 'blue sea' brand block from west marine, I believe that it has 14 circuits, all seperate. Also has a nice watertight cover. The only reason I'll move it to the passenger side firewall is to make getting to the back of the dash a bit less painfull.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts