Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
'06 SLK55
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw another forum create a thread for mod'ed cars. I thought it was a cool idea and figured we might want to share some pics/videos after the upgrades. Let's list completed upgrades and wish lists. Have fun.

Mine:
I've only made a couple primarily cosmetic mods to my car including:
1) wheels 18 X 8/9
2) door pins
3) windscreen
4) rear lip spoiler (not depicted)
5) rebadge rear (not depicted)

I plan on the following:
1) ipod kit
2) slightly tinted windows
3) aerowings
4) thermotronic aircon
and if I get a big bonus...
5) an engine upgrade (exhaust, kleeman, etc)

Attachments

·
Registered
2005 SLK350 2011 GLK3504X 2006 ML350(selling when GLK arrives)
1,940 Posts
dsb:

Once agin, I have to say...NICE RIDE!!!

can't wait to see it person some day...[;)]

·
Registered
SLK55, SL6.1, M3
85 Posts
Awesome car!!
Nice rims~Where did u get that~?If im not wrong its replica right?
I really interested in 18" that style too~?
Can U please give me more information on the rims?

·
Registered
06' SLK350
2,315 Posts
Very nice, IMO AMG pkg is the only way to go [:)]

The rear wheels are so deep it almost looks like 16"s compare to the front. Maybe it's just the angle your picture is taken.

Keep the pics coming.

·
Registered
SLK 55 AMG
3,560 Posts
I'd love to get those rims, even though my GF doesn't like 'em as much as the multispoke ones...

Mine is completely stock still, but I think I'll plan to do the following:

1) Chrome/aluminium door lock pins.

And maybe in the future:

2) Engine upgardes, maybe up to 400hp...

Well, we will see, who knows, gotta finish paying taxes and then we'll see what my christmas bonus could get me [:D]

·
Registered
SLK350
834 Posts
Now that is a HOT car. On the AMG package though, it's nice for a stock kit, but for all the aftermarket kits out there, I'm sure for the price you can do much better. I don't like the stock AMG wheels on the SLK350, too plain. Not worth the extra $4k IMO, I'm sure we can get dsb's SWEET wheels for much less than the $4k and get a bodykit too.

·
Registered
'06 SLK55
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks all! I agree, I do like the look of the AMG package. I was looking for the Caspian blue color and ran into one with the options I wanted back in March. I couldn't pass on it. I do question whether it would have been cheaper to get the AMG kit afterwards with my desired wheels. The new wheel/combo ran roughtly $1700. I needed 5mm front spacers and new lugbolts. You can find more info on this thread: http://forums.*.org/forums/showthread.php?t=106931 Sub the * with "MB WORLD" (no space)

After I attach my rear spoiler I'll take more pics.

·
Registered
SLK 55 AMG
237 Posts
dsb - 5/5/2005 8:00 PM

Thanks all! I agree, I do like the look of the AMG package. I was looking for the Caspian blue color and ran into one with the options I wanted back in March. I couldn't pass on it. I do question whether it would have been cheaper to get the AMG kit afterwards with my desired wheels. The new wheel/combo ran roughtly $1700. I needed 5mm front spacers and new lugbolts. You can find more info on this thread: http://forums.*.org/forums/showthread.php?t=106931 Sub the * with "MB WORLD" (no space)

After I attach my rear spoiler I'll take more pics.
Hi - it is a hot looking car!! I love those AMG styling IV wheels. Woudl you tell me/us where you got them from ? $1700 is bargen!

Thanks in advacne

·
Registered
'06 SLK55
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Okay, here's some info on wheels and tires...

18 x 8 front 37 offset Axis AMG replicas
18 x 9 rear 32 offset
purchased on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1,1&item=7966634647&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT
Funny, you never truly know if a wheel will work on your car till you try it out. The original wheel was 17 x 7.5 in front with the same 37 offset. However, the new wheel had thicker spokes that rubbed against the brake caliper. [xx(]

225/40/18 front pirelli pzero nero m&s
255/35/18 rear
Got these from Americas tire company. I recommend visiting their website (cheaper prices) at http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/home.do Once you find what you want, take that print out to your local America's tire and they will price match their website. [;)] I used tirerack.com to find the best tire for my needs. Choose whatever you think is appropriate for you.

You will need 5MM spacers for the front to clear the brake calipers. Don't get universal ones, they are junk and not trustworthy! I purchased H&R spacers: 5mm 1055665 $49.95 Pair. I should mention that once I communicated to the tire shop that I was going to use spacers, they offer to install the tire, balance, etc but I would have to mount them. They do not recommend spacers. I agree in most cases, especially if you use large spacers and/or crappy universal ones. However, I am confident with my solution.

Lastly, you need to find shorter lug bolts from a local shop. FYI, the original wheels had ball-seated bolts whereas the new wheels needed shorter cone-seated bolts. If you try to use longer bolts in the rear, your wheel wont spin! If they are just a little too long, then you will hear a repeating click. That sound is the lug bolts rubbing against the e-brake cable. What I am trying to say is... get the right size lug bolt!

It definately took me time, patience, and tenacity but I'm happy with my end results. I hope I gave enough info. Good luck to you.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts