·
Registered
02 SLK32
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am planning to mod my C36
is there a chip for it?
any good lips for the car?
anything else can increase the hp +?? (not turbo or supercharger)
anything else?
plz help me with this !!
appreciate

·
Registered
02 SLK32
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
also
where can i get em
clear corners... grill..s??
thx for helping...

also
where can i get em
clear corners... grill..s??
thx for helping

·
Registered
Audi S6
56 Posts
i am planning to mod my C36
is there a chip for it?
any good lips for the car?
anything else can increase the hp +?? (not turbo or supercharger)
anything else?
plz help me with this !!
appreciate
Intake Upgrades include ported intake manifold and throttle body, ECU upgrade, and cold air intake system. 45-50bhp gain, $2,995.

http://boykinracing.us/index4.htm

·
Registered
96 C36, 87 Turbo'd 190E 2.3-16, 86 SC'd 190E 2.3-16, Brabus'd C32
1,626 Posts
lips on 202s look like shit. just leave the front bumper stock. the intake is pretty well made. ebay intakes will make u lose power. only a few good ones like gruppe M, which is a carbon fiber intake for our cars but they are like 800-900 new. When i go twin turbo ill sell mine for like 300. there are only 2 chips worth getting-one is upsolute($400) and like renntech($700). you can get some ponies by redoing the exhaust-bigger piping from headers, no or high flow cats, stock muffler is pretty restrictive. get the grille from ebay for like 60 and clear corners are cheap on there too. first things first though you gotta lower that hoe

·
Registered
322 Posts
You are better off going with K&N drop in filter + silicone intake coupler than going with an ebay "hot air intake".

There is one other option for software tune. SpeedtuningUSA has C36 AMG software for $349 I believe. Talk to Oliver, They can even do a more aggressive stage2 tune for C36 (if you ask for 7000rpm redline & more aggressive air/fuel maps he will do it for you).

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
1989 300e(sold), 1996 c36amg (modified)
163 Posts
lips on 202s look like shit. just leave the front bumper stock. the intake is pretty well made. ebay intakes will make u lose power. only a few good ones like gruppe M, which is a carbon fiber intake for our cars but they are like 800-900 new. When i go twin turbo ill sell mine for like 300. there are only 2 chips worth getting-one is upsolute($400) and like renntech($700). you can get some ponies by redoing the exhaust-bigger piping from headers, no or high flow cats, stock muffler is pretty restrictive. get the grille from ebay for like 60 and clear corners are cheap on there too. first things first though you gotta lower that hoe
what kind of gains do you get from thr gruppe m intake?

·
Registered
322 Posts
nothing worth $900 haha. usually 7-8 HP is typical from their intake systems on a 6cyl. Their prices are just too high.

·
Registered
2002 CL55 AMG, 1993 190E 2.3L, 2004 SLK320 Sport
1,733 Posts
Hey LAMF, looks like were the only veterans around the C36 forum.
The only thing I see lately when i'm on online with benzworld is all this talk about this whole crank pulley (AMS)!

·
Registered
96 C36, 87 Turbo'd 190E 2.3-16, 86 SC'd 190E 2.3-16, Brabus'd C32
1,626 Posts
Hey LAMF, looks like were the only veterans around the C36 forum.
The only thing I see lately when i'm on online with benzworld is all this talk about this whole crank pulley (AMS)!
i know its ridiculous

·
Registered
322 Posts
Honestly with turbos, sucking in hot air really isn't much of an issue since the air has to pass through the turbos anyways (which heats up the air alot, not to mention the compression itself which also heats it up). volume of air is far more important than temperature of air (at least pre-turbo).

A nice decent sized intercooler will help cool the compressed air down quite a bit and should help out alot, You can get intercoolers in 10+ different shapes & sizes off of ebay for under $150-200 easy. Hope that helps

·
Registered
163 Posts
the gruppe m looks like it can shield the heat and draw cold air effectively from the outside...

·
Registered
322 Posts
it honestly doesn't make a different though b/c compressing air heats it right back up again no matter how cold you get the air. Intercooling is the only real way to cool the air post turbo so thats the most important thing.

·
Registered
163 Posts
^my point wasn't in reference to turbocharging it was in reference to your hot air comment in post 15. why would the gruppe m be sucking in hot air?? it appear to be a cold air intake that is well shielded...

·
Registered
322 Posts
Ah,

I'm saying that on turbos it doesn't really matter if the air coming in is cold or not, thats why you see most turbo cars just have open air filters in the engine bay b/c most of the cooling happens at the intercooler post turbo.

On NA car its definitely more worth while to get cold air obviously since it doesn't have the help of a turbo, colder air is denser hence more cold air, hence more power.

Gruppe M does a decent job of shielding the heat but its not 100% and for the price you could do so much more. but its up to you

1 - 20 of 40 Posts