Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1998 ml-320 stock,oem bug deflector, nerf bars, leather gray upholstery, delivery date 25 nov 97
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
was doing some online searching for good prices on Mobil 1 and while searching the NAPA website a great deal showed up.

If anyone is doing any travailing along highway 158 in North Carolina and if you go by or near the town of Murfreesboro NC stop in at the NAPA store located there. ( north eastern part of NC near the NC/Va border )

Mobil 1 oil 0W40 $5.79 PER QUART !!!! that is $75.04 per CASE

I grabbed 1 case while I was there going back this Friday to get another one :D

Sale is good until December 31st !!!!

Its the next best thing to the black Friday sale at pep boy's just in case you missed it :eek:

enjoy !!

carolina new be

·
Registered
2012 E350 :-) 2002 E320 (sold)
432 Posts
Pep Boys had it on sale this morning for $4 a quart. limit 12. Not trying to show you up, but maybe Pep Boys will have it on sale again over xmas.

·
Registered
1998 ml-320 stock,oem bug deflector, nerf bars, leather gray upholstery, delivery date 25 nov 97
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i missed out on that sale but i will keep my fingers crossed on the next one :D

cnb

Pep Boys had it on sale this morning for $4 a quart. limit 12. Not trying to show you up, but maybe Pep Boys will have it on sale again over xmas.

·
Registered
13 Posts
advance has it for 3.99

Mobil 1 or Mobil 1 Extended Performance $3.99 a quart at Advance Auto Parts
LINK [advanceautoparts.com]

Includes Mobil 1 Extended Performance!

Offer expires 12/1. Limit of 12 quarts per order. In-store pickup only. Oil cannot be in your cart when using a coupon code.

You have to add the Mobil 1 to your cart to see the discount.

Don't forget about Mobil 1 Rewards [mobiloil.com]. You get $5 in rewards for every oil change or six-quart purchase.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
re

how are you getting it to come up for $3.99 all i see is the price of $7.99 per quart

thanks

cnb

Offer expires 12/1. Limit of 12 quarts per order. In-store pickup only. Oil cannot be in your cart when using a coupon code.

Don't forget about Mobil 1 Rewards [mobiloil.com]. You get $5 in rewards for every oil change or six-quart purchase.

·
Registered
1990 190E 2.6,.... 1998 ML320, 2005 ML500SE
3,103 Posts
how are you getting it to come up for $3.99 all i see is the price of $7.99 per quart

thanks

cnb
I just went to the Autozone site, navigated to Mobil-1 0W40, selected 12 qts then went to checkout. At the checkout it is listed as $7.99 but it will automatically subtract $48.00 from the order. Total order was $47.88 which is $3.99 per qt.
You must order and pay online then go to the store you selected to pickup your order.
It's good til Dec 1, 2010. Maximum 12 qts.
Mike

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
re

understood thanks for the clarification :thumbsup:

cnb

·
Registered
3,103 Posts

How did you find that sale?
It's well hidden and only shows up at the checkout.
Mike

[EDIT] I just picked up my 12 qts. The pickup slip they gave me had the full price of $95.88 + Tax. I called the Advance customer service number from the store and they confirmed that the stores cannot see the web site special prices but confirmed that my credit card was only billed for $47.88 + Tax. No one at the store knew of this sale and never saw Mobil-1 synthetic oils that cheep before.
I was thinking of ordering another 12 qts but I already have 20 qts in the garage and I just changed my oil a month ago.

·
Registered
1999 ML430
53 Posts
Hey All! While we are on the subject of motor oil, can someone please give me some clarification?

I have a '99 ML430 and live in the St. Augustine, FL area...I was buying the Mobil-1 0W-50, but could not find it at my local Wal-Mart anymore, so I purchased the 0W-30. Will this cause any problems with my car?

Thanks a lot for your time!

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
Hey All! While we are on the subject of motor oil, can someone please give me some clarification?

I have a '99 ML430 and live in the St. Augustine, FL area...I was buying the Mobil-1 0W-50, but could not find it at my local Wal-Mart anymore, so I purchased the 0W-30. Will this cause any problems with my car?

Thanks a lot for your time!
I've never heard of Mobil-1 0W50 or 0W30 oils but I just found out that they do in fact exist. They are considered specialty racing oils and Mobil states that they should not be used for street use, specially not for vehicles with catalytic converters.

Mobil-1 0W40 European Car Formula was specifically formulated to meet the requirements of European designed engines and is used by manufacturers like Mercedes, Audi, Porsche, BMW, VW and others. It is quite popular around here and is stocked by most all auto part stores like AutoZone, Advance, Wallymart.
Mike

·
Registered
1999 ML430
53 Posts
I have a independent mechanic that does my oil changes, and I am not sure what kind of oil he uses, however I have added Mobil 0W-50 when my oil was a low. Ironically I added a half of quart of 0W-30 just prior to a long holiday road trip, and I am now hearing a lot of loud noises coming from my engine that I had never heard before.

What is the recommend oil for a '99 ML430?

Thanks a lot for the feedback!

Mobil 1 0W-40

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
I have a independent mechanic that does my oil changes, and I am not sure what kind of oil he uses, however I have added Mobil 0W-50 when my oil was a low. Ironically I added a half of quart of 0W-30 just prior to a long holiday road trip, and I am now hearing a lot of loud noises coming from my engine that I had never heard before.

What is the recommend oil for a '99 ML430?

Thanks a lot for the feedback!

Mobil 1 0W-40
There are several approved oils for your ML. I don't have the list available right now but the Mercedes oil spec is 229.5. Hopefully someone will post the list here. I know that Mobil-1 0W40 is on the list and seems to be the most popular.
Mike

·
W163 Crash Test Driver
2008 ML350 (Me!), 2010 GLK350 (Wife), 2003 ML-350 (Deceased)
1,571 Posts

THIS is an awesome deal, 50% off! Basically you have to order/pay for it online, then go pickup at your local advance auto store.

I picked up 12 quarts of Mobil1 Euro 0w40 for $51.90 including tax. A bargain!

·
Registered
1999 ML320 (SOLD), 2011 BMW X5
157 Posts
There are several approved oils for your ML. I don't have the list available right now but the Mercedes oil spec is 229.5. Hopefully someone will post the list here. I know that Mobil-1 0W40 is on the list and seems to be the most popular.
Mike
From my files; I picked this list up from somewhere in this forum.

Attachments

·
Registered
2001 ML430 Sport bought in very nice shape despite 156K miles in August 2010
540 Posts
oherc:
Nice get - many thanks!

Ordered 16 quarts of 0-40 for the ML, plus some other M1 for various applications.
Interesting the the M1 Euro 0-40 was the only item with the killer discount. Other items got an 'order $100, get a $50 coupon' deal, so its all good.

·
W163 Crash Test Driver
2008 ML350 (Me!), 2010 GLK350 (Wife), 2003 ML-350 (Deceased)
1,571 Posts
Ordered 16 quarts of 0-40 for the ML, plus some other M1 for various applications. Interesting the the M1 Euro 0-40 was the only item with the killer discount.
When I picked mine up the counter guy was flabbergasted. "What coupon code did you use?!" he asked. When I explained you didn't need one, just add it to the cart he said "Well, I know what I will be buying when I get home!". :)

Funny that even their own employees don't know about this deal.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts