Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2001 E320 4-Matic
81 Posts
I bought 8 quarts at Blains Farm & Fleet on sale for $5 ea. last month. Almost as good as Black Friday sale last year when I snagged 24 quarts of Castrol 0w-30 for $4 per quart.

·
Registered
2002 E430 4-Matic
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Premium Member
2001 E320 4-Matic
81 Posts
Yep $10.77 wins - however I actually bought and paid $9.00 + 6% Michigan sales Tax = $9.54. Moral of the story - BYO. I wasn't about to waste gas or vacation time looking for a decent price.
Had the same thing happen to me on a road trip about 2 hours from home and low oil warning came on- $8 a quart in Indiana at Auto Zone. I now carry 5 quarts in my trunk-Remainder from (2) 6-Quart cases.

·
Registered
2006 E320 CDI
386 Posts
Had the same thing happen to me on a road trip about 2 hours from home and low oil warning came on- $8 a quart in Indiana at Auto Zone. I now carry 5 quarts in my trunk-Remainder from (2) 6-Quart cases.
Your car must use a lot of oil if you have to carry 5 quarts around in the trunk.

·
Premium Member
2001 E320 4-Matic
81 Posts
Your car must use a lot of oil if you have to carry 5 quarts around in the trunk.
Don't have to carry the 5, as I stated that was what was left from the 2 cases so I put it in the trunk. I burn about a quart every 2k. Not great but it is manageable. Simple insurance. That and I have plenty of M1 0w-40 at home for the two vehicles that require it.

·
Registered
2001 E320 4DR Sedan
32 Posts
Not many stores carry Mobil 1 0-40W, or at least in the southeast where I live. Mao-Mart does not carry the product.

NAPA is the only reliable source here. Their normal price is high as normal, but they put different oils on sale periodically. When the 0-40W goes on sale I buy what I need for several cars and keep it till I need it.

Last price paid was $5.79 per quart on June 21. Watch the on-line ads and go in and talk to the people. They tell me when it's gonna go on sale now.

·
Registered
1993 190E 2.6 AMG "Alma", 1990 190e 2.6 Black, 2001 230SLK Magma Red
944 Posts
Mao-Mart does not carry the product.
:D:D:D

That is a good one. What about O'Reilly's, Autozone? Anything in the 5-6 range is a good price. Regular price is usually pretty high so wait for a sale. You can always just check on the online ads each week for those stores. They all run cheap special on this every few months I think. When it is cheap stock up!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts