Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased an ML63 last summer and have tried to research the current oem tires the Conti CrossContact UHP for their winter snow performance but there doesn't seem to be much info available in cyberspace - the conti website is useless. The tire seems to be fine for wet conditions but not for snow, is this a correct impression? If thats the case is there a recommended winter tire for this car? had great experiences with my audi with the dunlop wintersport2's but not sure if that's applicable here?

Also, does anyone know if it is possible to tighten up the throttle response time for this vehicle? It takes a good half depression on the gas pedal to get it to drop gears and there is a good 1+ second delay. My old audi s6 had a tranny sport mode where a little gas and it was downshifting and accelerating with aplomb.

Thanks for your help.

Cameron

·
Registered
82 Posts
are you serious the 63 has incredible throttle respones, but if you feel its not good enough there is nothing you can do through mb. try renntech they might have a chip upgrade.

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
Use the steering wheel buttons for faster transmission response.

You should get a second set of wheels not as big as your AMG wheels and dedicated snow tires not as wide as you currently have.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts