Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2000 ML320, 2008 ML63
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, i just got a 2008 ML63, and im new to the airmatic suspension but as i drive normally in the city its very bouncy even on SPORT. Then i also hear a noise when i go over bumps, its like a muffled bong sound and me and my wife move alot in our seats, side to side. I always thought airmatic suspension should be virtually a great smooth comfortable ride quality? i know my truck is 5k LBS but i just want to know if this is normal or are my bags just worn. Bags doesn't lose air over night so i doubt theres a leak. Any advice? thanks :confused:

·
Registered
08 e350 / 08 ml350 / 08 ML63
6 Posts
I have an 08 ML63. The ride quality for comfort in the comfort setting is lacking and the sport setting is somewhat stiffer IMHO.

·
Registered
2000 ML320, 2008 ML63
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the reply guys. Ended up being worn struts and looseness in the power steering rack that made the car sway way more then usual. New rack, sway bar links, and struts; It handles like a dream now. It was weird cause over bumps the steering wheel felt very loose and would change direction a bit so it handled very off. But after dealer inspection found the rack and steering column was worn at the point of intersect. Swapped it out and was a total difference. Comfort still has a bit too much sway for me, boaty feel. I prefer auto or sport. Feels like a tank :)

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 5 of 5 Posts