Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2000 ML55
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Well, I'm finally taking the time necessary to perform all of the cosmetic mods to the beast over the next week or 2, and I would like to replace the spark plugs while I'm out in the garage. However, I have a few questions... I did a search in the forums using "ML55 Spark" and ML55 Plugs," and there wasn't any specific information on what kind of spark plug I should try.

People have said "I use the NGK Iridium's" or "I use the Bosch Platinum's" but there are a LOT of different plugs out there now that use those metals. Do any of you guys have a specific model number for any of these plugs?

I would prefer use NGK plugs, as I am familiar with the brand from working on so many vintage japanese motorcycles. So, I guess we can start there...

Also, What mileage interval would you guys recommend for swapping out the ignition wires? I did just have the vehicle in for the "B" service, and nobody reported anything amiss, but if I'm in there already...

I REALLY hope to have all of the work done on this vehicle soon. She's in EXCEPTIONAL condition, and I've noticed a higher caliber of woman staring at me lustily :p as I'm driving...

Yeah, so I made that last part up... but I will have one bitchin' ride.:D

·
Registered
2001 ML55 & 2002 C32 & R5
46 Posts
Still under warranty, get from dealer. Might be more but wont void in the event of a problem. Seen MB manhattan do it to other customers. Changed mine at 60k. Still under warranty unitl August. 67k on the odometer.

·
Registered
ML 55 AMG 2002 w163.174, E320 CDI SW evo W211.222
50 Posts
-NGK PFR5R-11 (V-Line)
-Bosch FR8DPP33, (OE plug), single electrode, platinum

these two model are the ones listed in Workshop information service of MB for WDC164.174 truck
bye p

·
Registered
2000 ML55
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
"service of MB for WDC164.174 truck"

Mine is a W163... Is it the same plug?

·
Registered
ML 55 AMG 2002 w163.174, E320 CDI SW evo W211.222
50 Posts