Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Mercedes ML55 AMG 2001
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone

Hopefully a quick question for the experts on here.

I have an early ML55 AMG with the double rear exhaust, and need to replace the rear bumper as the current one was introduced to some low bollards by my better half when she was reversing it...

As far as I can tell the part number I need is either

1638800971 (no tow bar)
1638801071 (tow bar)

but the only after market replacement one I can find is

which looks like same but I'm not 100% sure so wanted to check if anyone knew?

Many thanks and cheers

Judder

W163 and General Mercedes Host
Judder,
All M55s rear bumper covers have the double exhaust "cutouts" on both DS and PS.

Part #8
Mercedes-Benz EPC. ML 163.174 , M-CLASS UP TO IDENT NO. A221505 / X734087 WITH CODE 800, Market Europe, North America, Japan, Group ATTACHMENT PARTS, Schema of REAR BUMPER. up to 09/2000
Mercedes-Benz EPC. ML 163.174 , M-CLASS FROM IDENT NO. A221506 / X734088 WITH CODE 801, Market Europe, North America, Japan, Group ATTACHMENT PARTS, Schema of REAR BUMPER. as of 09/2000

Seems to be correct.
However, the one you link to, has parktronic feature - which means it has "holes" in the cover for this feature.
If you dont have it, then you need to cover them up and I dont think (could be wrong) that they made caps for these holes; only the sensors themselves to be used on them. (Correct me if I am wrong members)
Best to contact the seller and confirm its compatibility too, and if they carry the "plugs" for these parktronic holes.

GL
keep us posted.

Registered
Mercedes ML55 AMG 2001
Discussion Starter #3
Awesome - many thanks for your reply and I totally forgot that Mercedes keep upgrading / changing their part numbers over time - and the links are perfect (y)

I actually have a rear sensor system that I have been meaning to fit - even bought in colour coded dark blue to match the Black Opal Metallic of the car (which actually looks very dark blue!) so that will work even better

I will report back how I get on... :)

W163 and General Mercedes Host
Awesome - many thanks for your reply and I totally forgot that Mercedes keep upgrading / changing their part numbers over time - and the links are perfect (y)

I actually have a rear sensor system that I have been meaning to fit - even bought in colour coded dark blue to match the Black Opal Metallic of the car (which actually looks very dark blue!) so that will work even better

I will report back how I get on... :)
Keep us posted on your progress.
It helps immensely, other members, with more "knowledge" :)
Document it for yourself too, with photos.

As for the parktronic system, Im not 100% sure if you need to get it on the scanner to activate that option once it is installed. Maybe others can chime in on this.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts