Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
We’ve done a 430 to 55 swap already. That was easy. A 55kompressor swap I expect to differ a little more.

·
Premium Member
4,450 Posts
A 55K engine is a lot easier to get. I will do some research. I want to be in the 414 to 450 range, and not have to do the swap again due to boredom.

It’s tough, once you drive a fast car, you want most of your cars as quick, if not as fast.
I think the 55k engine will give you a lot less headache fitting it and be a much more reliable engine. It’s almost a bolt straight in where the M156 will be a total nightmare to fit and even worse to get running.

·
Coupe/Convertible Forums Moderator
18,709 Posts
The M156 will be slightly faster only on takeoff, that's all.
I wonder how did MB come up with the 0,1 sec faster thing. How do you compare a M156 in one body with 113K in a completely different body?
They did not compare them across bodies. There are several chassis that went unchanged between xx55-AMG and xx63-AMG cars. For example, the R230 SL, the W211 E-Class, etc.

MBZ likes to manipulate its 0-60 figures for marketing purposes. Ironically, they will often understate one model's speed so it does not "compete" with the AMG models. For example, in real world testing, the CLK550 is faster than the CLK55. But on paper, MBZ listed them as the same. The reason being, they still hade some CLK55's on the lots when the CLK550's arrive and they did not want to detract from those sales. This happened with some other models, too.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
About this Discussion
25 Replies
10 Participants
TNTruong
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing