Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Selling parts off this 2002 I bought.

I needed some parts from this to complete my AMG project if you need anything let me know, as well as your price.

Interior is excellent with a Kenwood DVD player.

AMG rims and scorpion tires are for sale.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Do you have a model number on the Kenwood?
By any chance is that Kenwood wired to an Soundgate almbaux fiber optic d2b converter?

What is your AMG project about?

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you have a model number on the Kenwood?
By any chance is that Kenwood wired to an Soundgate almbaux fiber optic d2b converter?

What is your AMG project about?
I will pull it out for you tonight. I have no idea how they wired it, it sounds flawless though.

I’m building an ML63 in a W163 Body.

·
Premium Member
4,450 Posts
I will pull it out for you tonight. I have no idea how they wired it, it sounds flawless though.

I’m building an ML63 in a W163 Body.
So your putting a M156 engine into a W163?
That’s a pretty crazy move but interesting. Keep up posted on how it goes.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So your putting a M156 engine into a W163?
That’s a pretty crazy move but interesting. Keep up posted on how it goes.
Yes with 4matic. We are building the 63 engine at the moment. I was alittle disappointed I couldnt get the 63 V12 engine block for my w220, but the 63 v8 is readily available.

·
Coupe/Convertible Forums Moderator
18,709 Posts
I wouldn't want an M156 unless the head bolts and valve lifters had been changed - they will fail. Well, at for engines built through 2010 or so.

·
Premium Member
4,450 Posts
Totally agree with both of the above comments. The M113k is probably the best all round engine MB have ever built. As much as I love the M156 I personally wouldn’t want one.

·
Registered
45 Posts
If you were closer, I would be interested in the bumper covers and flares. Shipping halfway across the country would be a bear.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
M156 was pushing 540. M113k is pushing 396.

Since we are building from a short block, headbolts shouldn't be an issue.

Was hoping for an N/A motor at around 414, but I liked the sound of having a real 63.

·
Coupe/Convertible Forums Moderator
18,709 Posts
Depending on the version of the M113K engine and the ECU, not counting any 3rd party tuning, it can exceed 500hp. The original/standard version of the 5.5l M113K was 493hp/516lb-ft. The 6.2l M156 is rated for 475hp/465 lb-ft. The M113K had a much wider torque band, starting at 2,750rpm, where the M156 did not reach peak torque until 5,000rpm. When MBZ switched from the M113K to the M156 in their AMG cars, they generally rated the M156 version as being about 0.1 seconds faster to 60mph. That probbly had more to do with it using the 722.9 transmission than anything. I suspect if you put a 722.9 on an M113K in the same car, it would outperform the M156.

·
Premium Member
4,096 Posts
The M156 will be slightly faster only on takeoff, that's all.
I wonder how did MB come up with the 0,1 sec faster thing. How do you compare a M156 in one body with 113K in a completely different body?

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
A 55K engine is a lot easier to get. I will do some research. I want to be in the 414 to 450 range, and not have to do the swap again due to boredom.

It’s tough, once you drive a fast car, you want most of your cars as quick, if not as fast.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
About this Discussion
25 Replies
10 Participants
TNTruong
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing