Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I never had a problem with the folding mirrors on my 2000 ML430 but the driver side stopped as I was refolding them into driving position. It is about 2 inches from full out. The motor will bring it back to retracted but it stops in the same position as I extend them. Any ideas?:confused:

·
Premium Member
02 ML320 06 ML500
17,043 Posts
Try spraying some WD40 inside the swivel point. This is a common problem with all folding mirrors.

·
Registered
2002 ML55 AMG, 2005 Chrysler Crossfire Coupe Limited, 1999 C280
4,714 Posts
I never had a problem with the folding mirrors on my 2000 ML430 but the driver side stopped as I was refolding them into driving position. It is about 2 inches from full out. The motor will bring it back to retracted but it stops in the same position as I extend them. Any ideas?:confused:
Sorry to hear this lax19!

I fold my mirrors quite a lot as we have narrow city roads here and I have been dreading the day they stop working or get stuck like yours have.

I will be taking 43sqd's advice and lubricating them.

Good luck!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks

Hit it heavily with WD 40 and got it into position. It does not move smoothly and the mirror adjustment is binding. Sure would like to get to the motor. Any ideas on how to get into the door with an air bag inside?:confused:

Thanks folks!

·
Registered
2001 ML430
29 Posts
This question will sound stupid but how can I fold the passenger side power mirror? I have the power mirror but it seems like just the driver side works...

·
Registered
ML500, special edition, CLK550..
179 Posts
Look at your manual, in my manual for my '05, on page 131 it explains about manually adjusting your exterior mirrors when they get forcibly pushed backwards or forwards.

Also try "PB Blaster" when lubricating instead of WD-40...I like it better..

good luck....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts