Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently had the message "auxiliary battery malfunction" come up on dash. So I have replaced the Mercedes aux battery with a YUASA NP1.2-12 12V 1.2Ah F4.8. However I still get "auxiliary battery malfunction"after a few seconds. I have checked the connections and battery voltage {12.75v).

I also checked the battery I took out and it looks ok 12.75v.

checked stats with scanner and that reports either defective or not connected.

Disconnected aux battery and exactly the same message, so it appears as if the battery is not being checked

Any ideas where to look next please.

Jeremy

·
Registered
2009 ML350 164.186 / 272.967 / 722.9
142 Posts
This may be a foolish response, and for that I apologize, but have you used a scanner to actually clear the code? Also probably silly response, again apologize: Are you sure you connected the correct cables (i.e. plus and minus) to the correct terminals. None of this is meant to insult you - I've made stupider mistakes!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This may be a foolish response, and for that I apologize, but have you used a scanner to actually clear the code? Also probably silly response, again apologize: Are you sure you connected the correct cables (i.e. plus and minus) to the correct terminals. None of this is meant to insult you - I've made stupider mistakes!
Thanks for responding
1 It would appear that there is no permeant code , its just a battery detected or not.
2 Cables defiantly round the correct way RED to RED. _. BLACK to BLACK

I don't want to start dismantling stuff if anyone knows where to look or test next

·
Registered
2009 ML350 4matic: VIN 4JGBB86E59A491091
183 Posts
Hay man i have noticed you are really good in helping people ,do you mind you help in mu problem i posted?
Assad, you will be asked to update your signature with the model of your car as well as update where you are. After that, you'll want to read the top of the forum for the rules. THEN, you very likely may find answers to your questions by reading reading reading. After you do that a bit, then do some basic searches for your issues and if that does not help, then is a great time to post specific questions to the forum. By following this methodology, the odds of getting someone to help you go up greatly because people realize you are willing to help yourself to begin with. Welcome!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts