Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, this doesn't sound like the right comparison but ....

Was planning to get the 2012 ML350 since wife insists on an SUV but I noticed the E350 4MATIC is really close price-wise and given that the S & E classes are the Benz standard, i'm expecting better reliability over the long run.

Any quick thoughts?

Appreciate it, thx!

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
ok, this doesn't sound like the right comparison but ....

Was planning to get the 2012 ML350 since wife insists on an SUV but I noticed the E350 4MATIC is really close price-wise and given that the S & E classes are the Benz standard, i'm expecting better reliability over the long run.

Any quick thoughts?
If your wife wants an SUV, I would not try to change her mind based on a expected reliability difference, which is not yet known. The new ML SHOULD be much better than the past two models. Many women prefer the high driving position of an SUV, so either ML or GLK would work.

·
Registered
7,035 Posts
Both the 2012 ML and E are awesome in their own right - both of you drive them both and then make a consensus decision.

Actually, I think the 2012 E350 is quite under rated in it's price range.

The 2012 M350 is still a bit under rated in it's price range.

Don't forget the significant fuel effciency increase you gain with a sedan body - AND make sure you look at that E350 trunk, now that's real trunk space for sure !

That said, there are some great values out there with some yet-to-be-sold 2011 E350 4-matics in some dealer inventories, and righteously you can pickup another $3K-$5K discount on those select 2011 E350 4matics over 2012's...

·
Registered
65 Posts
ML vs E

Debated same thing, but sitting higher up etc won. Gl is a rough rider tin can c class on stilts that can't fit taller people or baby seats. E has has this obnoxious accessory box under the driver & passenger seat that can annoy your calves to say the least, even '09 has it. Test both if u can & good luck!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Meant GLK not GL, mentioned it because someone mentioned it in the thread earlier. Also MSRP was lower with same specs for ML, but were still browsing so we didn't negotiate

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
An ML without a tow hitch is like a truck without a bed--unless you actually plan to take it off-road. Otherwise, it doesn't make sense to have it made in Alabama.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts