Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
07 ML350
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i was driving my 2007 ML350 (W164) this noon (approx 30mph) when the car in front suddenly made a full stop, so when i pressed on the brakes to stop, the ML's engine died, and it wont restart!!!! i was stuck in the middle of the road, towed it on the curb, filled it with gas (tank was 1/4 full) waited an hour, and until now it wont start....

any ideas??? the engine turns, the battery is strong, it just wont start, and im sure the fuel pump is good since i can hear it running, and its fuses are good. i also have no error messages in the cluster.

the only dealer here in the Philippines is far from my city, i have to spend for the technician's airfare and hotel...so any help would be appreciated.:)

·
Outstanding Contributor - Always Remembered, RIP
Zotye Auto 1.5T T600 2016
52,804 Posts
i was driving my ML350 this noon (approx 30mph) when the car in front suddenly made a full stop, so when i pressed on the brakes to stop, the ML's engine died, and it wont restart!!!! i was stuck in the middle of the road, towed it on the curb, filled it with gas (tank was 1/4 full) waited an hour, and until now it wont start....

any ideas??? the engine turns, the battery is strong, it just wont start, and im sure the fuel pump is good since i can hear it running, and its fuses are good. i also have no error messages in the cluster.

the only dealer here in the Philippines is far from my city, i have to spend for the technician's airfare and hotel...so any help would be appreciated.:)
Is it the W163 or W164?

·
Registered
452 Posts
Could be a few different things , likley minor to fix but still leaves you stranded. My first guess would be the crank position sensor. I would call your dealer and find out what your warranty covers. Your trip to a service center should be covered under roadside assisitance.

·
Registered
557 Posts
I would second that. I had a few times the issue of the engine starting but no start on my 320 CDI. Dealer replaced cam position sensor every time.

·
Registered
07 ML350
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
got my car fixed by mb, changed fuel pump ($350) crankshaft sensor ($65) labor ($280), they were wondering though why the fuel pump and the crankshaft sensor went bust at the same time. this happened at 10,000 miles.

·
52,804 Posts
got my car fixed by mb, changed fuel pump ($350) crankshaft sensor ($65) labor ($280), they were wondering though why the fuel pump and the crankshaft sensor went bust at the same time. this happened at 10,000 miles.
Very interesting, you do understand that if the crankshaft position sensor fails then the ecu will not send a signal to the fuel pump, therefore the fuel pump will not work?

Looks like you just got ripped off dude:eek:

·
52,804 Posts
Isn't a 2 year old ML with only 10,000 miles still under warranty?
It also surprises me that a MODERATOR would call someone "DUDE".
Mike
Mike, you answered your first sentence and question with your suprise in the second sentence, you see?

·
52,804 Posts
Seriously, why wouldn't it be covered under warranty? Should not have cost a single penny!
Depends on where he bought the car. Here in China they will sell cars with no warranty but not from the Dealership. Why the people here would buy a new or almost new car with no warranty is beyond my comprehension.

·
Registered
07 ML350
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
why???? because the Rest of the World benz vehicles have shorter manufacturer's warranty that what you guys in the U.S.A. enjoy.

MB only has a 1 year international warranty, local dealers in most countries give 2 years warranty. The 4 year warranty in the U.S.A. is unheard of around the world.

·
Registered
2001 E240
506 Posts
In Hong Kong the 2 years warranty is not free but conditional on your having to send the car twice a year or every 5000km whichever comes first to dealer for inspection at your costs, which starts with USD400 the first visit and ascends progressively, otherwise the warranty is void.

·
52,804 Posts
In Hong Kong the 2 years warranty is not free but conditional on your having to send the car twice a year or every 5000km whichever comes first to dealer for inspection at your costs, which starts with USD400 the first visit and ascends progressively, otherwise the warranty is void.
Fair point and that may put people off using the warranty system.

·
Registered
1990 190E 2.6,.... 1998 ML320, 2005 ML500SE
3,094 Posts
Isn't a 2 year old ML with only 10,000 miles still under warranty?
Thanks to those that posted relevant answers to my question. I was not aware that new vehicles are sold without warranties. It amazes me that Mercedes does not stand behind their vehicles in every country.
Mike

1 - 15 of 15 Posts