Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I am new to this site and enjoy the wonderful posts.

We bought a 2011 ML350 4matic SUV. The car is fine except the ride is quite bumpy above 60 mph. I brought it to Mercedes dealer. They did a road-force tire balance and switched out a defect tire. Now It's OK on smooth asphalt highway surface but till has the high frequency shock on concrete highway surface. Comparing to my other SUV, look like the tires and the suspension system cannot absorb the vibration.

Any idea?

·
Registered
114 Posts
thats normal if the road is bumpy.

these trucks have a sporty suspension and I think the 2011s have 20 inch wheels with low profile tires right?

what do you expect?

smaller rims with thicker tires could help, but i would not waste my money on that. it is what it is.

depends on your other SUV, if its a lexus RX350 lets say, yes the ML is harsher but handles way better

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
19 inch rims

on 2010 and 2011 models, the ML350 uses 19 inch rims as standard configuration. The 2009 and earlier models uses 18 or even 17 inch rims. The 2011 Canadian model uses 17 inch rims.

I find using slightly lower pressure in front tires and 2 psi higher pressure in rear tires help a little. Will keep on trying.

·
Registered
11,243 Posts
Have you tried driving another ML on the same road?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
try another ML on the same road

Asianml:

Thanks for your response. I will try that if I can find one. Better if I can try an 09 model with 17 inch rims and higher tire side wall.

Right now, I have trying front tires slightly lower than 32 psi (MB spec). The rear tires a few psi higher but different from front. My theory is different psi from front and rear may not produce the same echo. What do I know?

·
Registered
2006 ML500
62 Posts
Asianml:

Thanks for your response. I will try that if I can find one. Better if I can try an 09 model with 17 inch rims and higher tire side wall.

Right now, I have trying front tires slightly lower than 32 psi (MB spec). The rear tires a few psi higher but different from front. My theory is different psi from front and rear may not produce the same echo. What do I know?
I always thought my 235/65/17 is WAY too soft. I don't know whether this is just because of tire set up or suspension, but I keep thinking about putting 19s.

·
Registered
2011 ML350 Gas
50 Posts
You have the same car as I have do you have a problem with your rear view mirror getting to dark at night? At night all I can see is two headlights. At dusk, no lights I can hardly see them.

·
Registered
ML550, W212 E350 4 matic, 1966 Corvette C2 convt.
2,675 Posts
Too late now but you should have bought an ML with Airmatic. Would not have one without it. Smooths the ride out no matter what the conditions are.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts