Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
ml350 elegance - c230 kompressor
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! i'm from montreal canada and the english it's my second language but anyway there is my question... i just buy a Mercedes ML350 2003 elegance to my mom,just 79000km, but when we drive even it is no to far we see the fuel marker go down so fast :O thats normal?? do you think it has a problem?? or the ml350 spends gas like that?? the low road helps to save gas??? need help!!! thanks ...

·
Registered
2002 ML 320
29 Posts
J'ai une Ml 320 avec 70,000 kms et J'ai le même problème,Je suppose que c'est parce que il est une voiture de luxe. :cool:

Sorry for my french, i'm trying to learn it, so i practice it whenever i get a chance.

·
W163 Crash Test Driver
2008 ML350 (Me!), 2010 GLK350 (Wife), 2003 ML-350 (Deceased)
1,571 Posts
The first thing you need to do is start writing down the figures from your odometer & fill ups so you can track the efficiency. I also have an 03 ML350. I consistently get 19 miles to the gallon (about 8 kilometers per liter). The gas gauge doesn't move in a steady, linear fashion though. It will go from F to 3/4 very quickly, then slow down. The last 1/4 of a tank will last a very long time. Strange.

·
Registered
1999 ML320 Elegance, BMW R1150RT, SAAB 9-3
282 Posts
Mr. Cracker - you assume ! Uniko15 said said english is not his first language. but he did not say what it is. Mtl is very diverse. Maybe Uniko15's mother is from Mexico - like you! :rolleyes:
(this is meant to be humorous - in a 'wouldnt that be an interesting coincidence' kind-of-a-way)

Uniko - like planethill says - you need to take some measurements for a couple of tanks (odometers and liters... dont you have a trip computer - over head - just in front of the sunroof??) some key things you need to realize: a) the benz is very heavy. if you do a lot of stop and go and/or if you drive like i used to when i lived in montreal (i.e jam the loud pedal to the floor) your truck will use a lot of fuel . b) also many MLs have inaccurate fuel gauges. c) Also my ML (cant speak for others) when filling - the fuel filler automatically shuts off very early - so you only get partial fill and end up having to put gas every 450 km - i usually squeeze another 8 to 10 L after the first click to extend the range (dont do this and park or you will load up your carbon canister with fuel and damage it) .

here are some long term (40 kkm - 4 years of ownership - by year) fuel average for my ML (which was bought in montreal) mostly on 89 octane (the octane makes a difference) in L/100

Fuel Economy
KM______L/100 KM______MPiG______mpUS ga______FUEL COST PER KM:
10,111______13.2______21.4______17.8______$0.14
7,551 ______12.19______23.2______19.3______$0.15
13,957______12.20______23.2______19.3______$0.11
7,190 ______12.63______22.4______18.6______$0.13

·
Registered
'05 ML350SE
1,395 Posts
As others have said, your mileage reflects your driving conditions: stop and go city driving versus sustained high speed driving. Data are needed to determine if there is a problem with your M as suggested by planethill. For my MY05, I can get almost 22 mpg (US) at a sustained speed of 70-75 mph with or without air conditioner. This drops by about 1 mpg using 10% ethanol gas. Under city driving conditions, the mileage drops to 15-17 mpg.

As for Unhofliche's assumption about Mr. Cracker's heritage, I only read that he or she is in Mexico. It may be in error to assume a Mexican origin. Also, MB started to de-content the trucks after yours placing the trip computer as part of an options package which may or may not be present in the uniko15 truck.

·
Registered
2002 ML 320
29 Posts
Mr. Cracker - you assume ! Uniko15 said said english is not his first language. but he did not say what it is. Mtl is very diverse. Maybe Uniko15's mother is from Mexico - like you! :rolleyes:
Yes, i assumed french is his first language. I just like to practice it whenever i can. Maybe he knows some, maybe not. I was just trying to help.
No harm's been done anyway.

·
Registered
ml350 elegance - c230 kompressor
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks!!!

well, thanks a lot!!! thanks to take the time to answer it really helpme :D ... and yes i'm from mexico too but my french it's better than my english, i hope so :p thanks again people ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts