Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2007 ML320 CDi SE
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hallo All,
This is my first post ever and my English is not too good-Please forgive.

Had problems [jerking and lack of power] with my transmission for 6 months and the car has been to the dealers 6 times already.

Bought the car from new [07] model and problems started after the first service.

The second last visit a new valve body was placed but still did not solve the jerky transmission. With the last visit all sensor readings was send to Germany and new software installed and re-adaptation done. This solved the jerky transmission problem.

Now it feels like the revs are too high. Before at 80mph the revs was at 2000 and now it is at 2500.With acceleration the revs are much higher than it used to be. Is this normal and should I do something about it?

Please Help....I need peace of mind.

·
Registered
2008 ML 320CDI
167 Posts
Hallo All,
This is my first post ever and my English is not too good-Please forgive.

Had problems [jerking and lack of power] with my transmission for 6 months and the car has been to the dealers 6 times already.

Bought the car from new [07] model and problems started after the first service.

The second last visit a new valve body was placed but still did not solve the jerky transmission. With the last visit all sensor readings was send to Germany and new software installed and re-adaptation done. This solved the jerky transmission problem.

Now it feels like the revs are too high. Before at 80mph the revs was at 2000 and now it is at 2500.With acceleration the revs are much higher than it used to be. Is this normal and should I do something about it?

Please Help....I need peace of mind.
What you are now getting is correct. There was something wrong in the beginning. No way could you have been running 40mph/1000rpm!

·
Registered
07 ML 320 CDI, 89 420 SEL+82 300 SD
47 Posts
I think your tranny is working properly,I'm doing about 2150 at 70 Mph.

·
Registered
2007 ML CDI, 1967 250SL(early), 1984 280 SL, 2004 E320 wagon, 2015 ML 250, 1999 E300TD
449 Posts
at 80 mph the tach reads 2500 rpms in my ML CDI.
Right in the middle of the torgue range.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts