Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2008 ML320CDI is just coming off lease and I can buy it for a relatively reasonable price. It has just rolled 40k miles. I would like to know how many high-mileage 320CDI's are out there and what problems you might have encountered on your journey to your current mileage.
thanks, ama

·
Registered
187 Posts
2008 ML320CDI also, 51,000 miles. Not much more than you but nothing significant and no indications of anything coming up. I would definitely buy this one again.

Jim W.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have just bought a 2008 ML320CDI with 90,000K and it runs like a charm. So far,so good. Before I bought I took it to a MB dealer to get it checked over and talked to the mechanic for quite some time and more than once he stated they are "bulletproof". Also my cousin is a diesel mechanic who works on higher end vehicles and he was happy that I purchased a 2008 ML as he stated the 2007 and on were a lot better than previous models. I wouldnt hesitate to buy it when lease expires.
Good luck(but I dont think you'll need it)

·
Registered
40 Posts
I'M Looking at buying one well. OP, what is your off lease price and what options do you have?

Yakker, how much did you pay if you dont mind and the options as well... THe truck i'm looking at has about 50k miles for $40k

·
Registered
2007 ML CDI, 1967 250SL(early), 1984 280 SL, 2004 E320 wagon, 2015 ML 250, 1999 E300TD
449 Posts
I bought my ml cdi new as an 07 model.
I now have 115K + miles on the beast And drive about 100 hiway miles per day.
I love the car and so glad I traded in my 04 G500 for it.
Issues:
trans internal speed sensor replaced at 90K miles-cost about 900.
sensor on engine replaced at 45K miles via call back- N/C
rear auto tailgate broke at 80K miles and is now manual because I wont spend 1500 bucks to repair.
I fully expect to get 250K miles on it before one of my sons gets it
Don't hesitate to buy it.
What can you get it for- under 30 ?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I paid 38K and it has every single option on it except for voice command?
I figure I paid US prices. From a dealer it would be at least 10K more with less options. I would say I paid a fair price for it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
DJ; I paid $31,400 plus sales tax for mine just off a 33 month lease. Book value seems to be around $38-39k.
ama

·
Registered
2007 ML320 CDI Pkg 2
93 Posts
I just bought a 2007 ML320 CDI in the USA with 138,800 miles it has every option except airmatic, keyless go and dvd entertainment. I imported it into Canada and love the way it handles.

·
Registered
ML 320 cdi 164 2005
45 Posts
i have a 2005 ml320 cdi it has done 149000 miles runs perfect other than a bit of smoke if you full throttle, and gearbox bit grippy in first gear, but does need tranny fluid change as its well overdue, really very happy everthing works very smooth ride, i can see no reason to spend double the price on a low milage car,

·
Registered
2008 ML320 CDI
35 Posts
Is an '07 ML320 more reliable than an '08?

I'm considering buying an '08 ML320 CDI but was sort of surprised by the 2011 Consumer Reports reliabilty ratings for the '08. Funny, the '07 is considered to have above average reliability, while the '06 is below average and the '08 has the worse rating. Is there really a significant difference between an '07 and an '08 that would explain this or should it just be attributed to sampling error?

Attachments

·
Registered
GL450, R500 traded, ML350 sold
437 Posts
Don't care what consumer report says, the 2008 is one of the most reliable model years for the ML. Just do some reading and you will see it for yourself. Consumer Reports is flawed from a statistical perspective. IMO they should stick to evaluating toasters and leave the cars to professionals.

·
Registered
187 Posts
We've been through the Consumer Reports argument before. For all the brands and models there are a huge number of samples, which is a basic of research. However, for any one model, brand and year the sample size can be small enough that a few negative or positive samples can skew the results enough to show up in the conclusions. CR does have a "floor" for reporting results but it still may be low enough to affect the results.
It's not all that different that the CPSC issuing a notice. If there were a dozen gas tank eruptions in a model in a year out of thousands of vehicles, there would be a recall. If there are thousands of successful M-Class owners and a few that have had problems are the ones who fill out the survey, the results will be skewed.
We have owned our 2008 ML320 CDI since new and for nearly 70,000 miles with very little problem. Even got 65,000 miles out of the original tires.
I would buy this one again, even though CR does not show it as reliable.

Jim W.

·
Registered
2007 ML320 CDI
117 Posts
2007 ML320 CDI 104,000 miles. leak at rear tail light lens, rear SAM $2400, nagging fuel pump problem $430., rear hatch is crap like most peoples, squeaks and rattles, Its been quiet for a while now. Hoping its settled down and will spare me the front differential and trans problems I have read a lot about. I like it but I don't think it was worth the money I had to spend for it. Interested in the 2013 diesel Jeep Cherokee.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts