Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2007 ML320
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a 2007 ML320, not long after I first bought it (about 4 months ago) it stuck in gear when setting off from the lights, the display shows it as being in drive, trying the paddle shift has no effect. It would still go into park but when shifting back to drive goes back into the same gear, the resolution was to completely switch the ignition off and back on again then its fine.

This happened again about a week ago then twice yesterday.

Has anyone experienced this?

·
Registered
2008 ML320CDI Iridium Silver/Black, NAV, P2 pkg, Sirius, Harmon Kardon. Active Bi-Xenon
478 Posts
Have you checked with dealer to see if the 39k service was done to transmission?. Mine will start off in 2nd on occasion, if I havent been stopped at the light very long.

·
Registered
07 ML350
3 Posts
BEWARE! I have...I mean had a 2007 ML350 and it was doing the same thing.

This past week the transmission started to downshift at odd points and started acting really weird. On the way to have it checked out the vehicle went into limp home mode and then quickly locked itself into Neutral.....I was a sitting duck on the road and had to have it towed. I had it looked at by a tech who opened his own garage and he didn't notice any damage and pinned it to a possible issue with the reluctor plate (which only MB dealers can buy and install). I had to have the vehicle towed to MB and their first objective was to try and force adapt the transmission. Long story short the damage is internal and they won't open it to work on because of the costs involved.....they would like to replace the transmission at $5,300.00

Needless to say I won't be having a ML for much longer.

Transmission fluid was changed at:

The vehicle has 107k miles on it.

Best of luck!

·
Registered
2007 ML320
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It has a full MB service history so had all the right service done. I've booked it in with them to have a look at, hoping its just a sensor or something!

·
Registered
07 ML350
3 Posts
If they don't come up with anything ask them to clear everything so you can re adapt the transmission. Hopefully that's all it needs!

·
Registered
2008 ML320CDI Iridium Silver/Black, NAV, P2 pkg, Sirius, Harmon Kardon. Active Bi-Xenon
478 Posts
BEWARE! I have...I mean had a 2007 ML350 and it was doing the same thing.

This past week the transmission started to downshift at odd points and started acting really weird. On the way to have it checked out the vehicle went into limp home mode and then quickly locked itself into Neutral.....I was a sitting duck on the road and had to have it towed. I had it looked at by a tech who opened his own garage and he didn't notice any damage and pinned it to a possible issue with the reluctor plate (which only MB dealers can buy and install). I had to have the vehicle towed to MB and their first objective was to try and force adapt the transmission. Long story short the damage is internal and they won't open it to work on because of the costs involved.....they would like to replace the transmission at $5,300.00

Needless to say I won't be having a ML for much longer.

Transmission fluid was changed at:

The vehicle has 107k miles on it.

Best of luck!
I think you are being sold a bill of goods. The conductor plate is available and relatively easy to install. I think you should look for an indy service center in the area.. Good luck guy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts