Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
ML320 2003 VW CC 2010
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The wife called and said the car started and immediately shut off last night and left her at work. I went over to take a look and saw the start error show up. I did a little research on the forum, read briefly about the DAS and possible issue with the chip in the key so I took my spare key over and it acted the same. I pulled the battery and put in a new one and again it started and shut off and showed start error. Instead of lighting the car on fire I called AAA and they towed to my garage. As soon as we pushed the vehicle inside I tried again and the damn thing started fine. I tested it again this morning and no issue. I would like some advice on where to start troubleshooting. Im guessing Ill most likely have to go to the stealer based off what ive read.

·
Outstanding Contributor
2002 ML320, 2003 A160, 2002 ML500, 2018 GLS350d
4,381 Posts
Here's a troubleshooting guide published by MB. In your particular case, it sounds like you need a new transponder ring, that comes assembled with its control box, which is the part that goes bad. You have an intermittent code-reading fault.

I wouldn't be driving it anywhere until it's fixed.

·
Outstanding Contributor
2002 ML320, 2003 A160, 2002 ML500, 2018 GLS350d
4,381 Posts
I fixed the links. Hope you can see the images now. I can.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts