Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Mercedes ML320 1999
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Took it to mechanic this morning, he said motor is fine but the door that mixes air needs fixing and quoted 15 hrs of labor with price tag of $950

·
Registered
1999 ML320
24,029 Posts
Took it to mechanic this morning, he said motor is fine but the door that mixes air needs fixing and quoted 15 hrs of labor with price tag of $950
Yup, the standard repair requires tearing the dash apart.

Search the forum for the alternative through the glovebox/airbag route.

·
Registered
Mercedes ML320 1999
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Turned out to be not a issue with blender motor. Replaced new motor but still same problem. Problem is as soon as you connect motor it's excited immediately and turn full on to one side. I asked mechanic to disconnect the electrical cable to the motor for time being and adjust motor so it stays right in middle, that way I don't get hot air anymore.

Mechanic said most likely it's the control unit where this blender unit is connected to has gone bad. I went to Mbenz dealer to check for the part# but dealer had difficulty locating part# for this unit. Does anybody here know what the part is called or part# which controls blender motor.

·
Registered
Dallas, Texas
7,699 Posts
Turned out to be not a issue with blender motor. Replaced new motor but still same problem. Problem is as soon as you connect motor it's excited immediately and turn full on to one side. I asked mechanic to disconnect the electrical cable to the motor for time being and adjust motor so it stays right in middle, that way I don't get hot air anymore.

Mechanic said most likely it's the control unit where this blender unit is connected to has gone bad. I went to Mbenz dealer to check for the part# but dealer had difficulty locating part# for this unit. Does anybody here know what the part is called or part# which controls blender motor.
You need to update your user profile to reflect year, model and market of your vehicle.

·
Registered
Dallas, Texas
7,699 Posts

·
Registered
Mercedes ML320 1999
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Interior temperature sensor was double checked by technician and that doesnot seem to be the problem. What else could be issue ?

·
Registered
Dallas, Texas
7,699 Posts
Interior temperature sensor was double checked by technician and that doesnot seem to be the problem. What else could be issue ?
Shop that took on this work has to have subscription to some sort of information database. Alldata, startekinfo.com or something similar. Without that you are paying for guess work.

·
Registered
Mercedes ML320 1999
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Its not a mechanical problem. Removing the actuator electrical connection, technician could move the operating levers manually and I could see that air changed from A/c to heat nicely without any issue.

·
Premium Member
02 ML320 06 ML500
17,098 Posts
With everything in place and connected, all three levers should move when making a selection to either hot or cold.

When you manually move the levers only the red arrow levers should move and the green arrow lever remains stationary.
Is that the case?

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts