Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My uncle has a 2002 ML320 with ~185000 miles.

He told me the radio does not work anymore starting a few months ago. I checked to see if the fader or balance or mute or whatnot was on but none of those were the problem. The radio turns on and seems alright but no sound from all the speakers.

There is also another problem with the temperature controls. The system will not turn off and stay on all the time. The rear fan blower stays on sometimes even when the car is off and has been off for some time.

Any ideas on what the heck this could be? I give up on poking around at it. I haven't taken the center console and dash apart yet :surrender:

Thanks!

·
Outstanding Contributor
2006 ML500 2002 ML320
17,659 Posts
Pull Fuse #43 in the underhood fuse box which controls the rear heater fan.

·
Outstanding Contributor
2006 ML500 2002 ML320
17,659 Posts
I do not know for sure what the underlying problem is, but it is probably either the Rear Blower Controller N29/2 or the AAC Control Module N22 on the front instrument panel.

Gain access to N29/2 and the blower motor M2/1 while the problem is not occurring and take voltage readings at #6 and #4 wires and both wires at the blower motor. Then you will have to compare those reading when the event occurs.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It hasn't stopped doing it recently and I can't test it. I suppose I'll just go with the fuse pull just to not have it run all the time.

Any ideas on the radio not having any output to the speakers all the sudden?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts