Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2002 ML320 - no GPS or phone but 6-CD changer in rear right installed - I have a Droid mobile now.
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've bought an older ML320 2002. (USA).

It mentions 4WD in low ratio.

Did these come in different versions ?

Is this a AWD vehicle, or just 2WD and 4-wd in low ratio.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2002 ML320 - no GPS or phone but 6-CD changer in rear right installed - I have a Droid mobile now.
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
You didn't vote for Obama too, did you? Any one who bought a vehicle without being able to answer those questions about it doesn't deserve to live.

Helpful.

Nice to have met you as well.

The car gets me from point A to point B and hopefully point C. I only asked as its mentioned in the users handbook.

There are opinionated jerks with an inflated narcistic superiorority complex everywhere, I guess.

I see your "Former Alaska director of labor relations" is working in you favor. I'm sure you were equally successful there as well. Was it Union or Government ? Disregard that, what's the difference.

·
Premium Member
02 ML320 06 ML500
17,098 Posts
You didn't vote for Obama too, did you? Any one who bought a vehicle without being able to answer those questions about it doesn't deserve to live.
Don't you think this was a little over the top for simply asking a question?

·
Registered
'02 ML500 (Kleeman headers, tune, AMG ML55 wheels,3.09 diffs, 3rd row seats);
272 Posts

Thanks.
Since no one here has yet answered the simple question: AWD.

Regards,
Jerry

·
Premium Member
02 ML320 06 ML500
17,098 Posts

Thanks.
This is an AWD vehicle. But when you say "It mentions 4WD in low ratio". you are not saying what "it" is. If you are referring to the owner's manual then I think you are confusing the 4ETS feature in Low Range, not Low Ratio.

What page in the manual are you referring to?

Mercedes-Benz - Home of C, E, S, CLS, CL, SLK, SL, R, GLK, M, GL, G Class

·
Registered
03 ML350
245 Posts
Haven't been here in a while. Surprised Black still has an ML.

4WD is a vague term. There are several variations of center differential/coupling designs to split power to the front and rear axles. ML is definitely AWD (a open or non-locking/limited slip center differential). But in low range, the traction program changes to react to smaller differences wheel speeds. That might make it behave a little bit more like a "classic" 4WD with fixed front/rear split.

·
Registered
1990 190E 2.6,.... 1998 ML320, 2005 ML500SE
3,103 Posts
I see enough of this foolishness everywhere I look. I don't need to be subjected to this on BenzWorld. Fail rating for you Black3.
Mike

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This is an AWD vehicle. But when you say "It mentions 4WD in low ratio". you are not saying what "it" is. If you are referring to the owner's manual then I think you are confusing the 4ETS feature in Low Range, not Low Ratio.

What page in the manual are you referring to?

Mercedes-Benz - Home of C, E, S, CLS, CL, SLK, SL, R, GLK, M, GL, G Class

M-class operators manual for the ML320, ML500, ML5 AMG.

Yes, 4ETS as you said. Interesting stuff. As I live in Florida with odd forays into GA, TN it doesn't get much cold weather use and I haven't been off the main roads so I was curious about the Low Range (correction) that I had not tried. Googling gave me limited info so I thought I would ask the experts and more experienced people on the forums.

So thanks for all the answers. It was enlightening and informative and I am pleasantly surprised as its a great, clean vehicle inside, outside (and underneath). I have a lot more car than I thought I had. Thanks again.

·
Registered
ML320 2002
1,600 Posts
M-class operators manual for the ML320, ML500, ML5 AMG.

Yes, 4ETS as you said. Interesting stuff. As I live in Florida with odd forays into GA, TN it doesn't get much cold weather use and I haven't been off the main roads so I was curious about the Low Range (correction) that I had not tried. Googling gave me limited info so I thought I would ask the experts and more experienced people on the forums.

So thanks for all the answers. It was enlightening and informative and I am pleasantly surprised as its a great, clean vehicle inside, outside (and underneath). I have a lot more car than I thought I had. Thanks again.
MLs are all time 4WD. There is no option to turn it off as in some vehicles. It is not recommended to use low range mode unless you do off-roading. It has nothing to do with cold weather or snow either. You don't need to google it. Just read the MB online manual to get all the details.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts