Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
my 2002 ML320 not start quikly, its just start after more than 3 times?? no check engine light. i replaced the fuel pumb and the problem exist! even if i stopped the engine and tried after a minute the problem might exist and might not. one told me about the Fuel Check Valve! what is it? and what is the price? need more information about fuel check valve please.

i found that starting issue is related with these parts:
1-fuel pumb
2-fuel filter
3-CPS
4-Fuel check valve

if there is any additional infomations plz help

·
Registered
'07 C280 4matic, '06 530i, '98 ML320
1,562 Posts
Not sure if you are in US, you need to read the engine diagnostic codes (even though the 'Check Engine' light is not ON, diag. codes may have been stored). Without the codes, you will be handicap in fixing this issue. It could be Crank Shaft position sensor, Cam shaft sensor, etc.

·
Registered
2004 ML350
258 Posts
You need spark, fuel and compression. Do you have a spark at the plugs? Check fuel pressure on the rail as Witek said.

·
Registered
'07 C280 4matic, '06 530i, '98 ML320
1,562 Posts
i noticed that when i park the car in a front high position its starts from the first time!!!!
Unless the fuel in the tank is below 1/8 of tank, I don't think the incline of the truck position has anything to do with being able to start it. My guess is some other factor is at work (like engine being warm/cold).

Have you taken the truck to read the diagnostic codes? Just because the CEL is not ON, doesn't mean there are no codes stored. I recommend you buy a hand held code reader or take the truck to someone who can read the codes and post the codes here.

Without codes, the diagnosis you get here will be merely guesses.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
one error appeared when i checked by DAS software (Camshaft sensor), i changed it, and checked again the computer still read it, the mechanic told me that he need to check out the cables connecting the camshaft sensor, if all ok, the reason is the main Computer!!!!

·
Premium Member
02 ML320 06 ML500
16,934 Posts
one error appeared when i checked by DAS software (Camshaft sensor), i changed it, and checked again the computer still read it, the mechanic told me that he need to check out the cables connecting the camshaft sensor, if all ok, the reason is the main Computer!!!!
What was the code number?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts