Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1998 ML320
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys.

I have a ML320 model 1998. I've been experiencing problems with the windshield wipers. The rear windshield wiper didn't work when I bought the car but I wasn't making a big deal out of it, I never use it anyway.

The front windshield wipers stopped working in the top speed settings but all other speed settings worked. Now however the front windshield wipers don't work at all. I can however sometimes get them started by turning them on and then go and wiggle the wipers about and then they start wiping. I can't turn them off because then they stop again and I need to use the same method again to get them started. This is getting a bit annoying.

Any ideas what could be the problem? Is the windshield motor dying on me? Has anyone had a similar problem?

·
Premium Member
02 ML320 06 ML500
17,098 Posts
Are you saying that you have to move the wiper arms to get it wok? If so then it is your wiper motor.

You will have to be very careful about the part number. If you are getting it from the dealer, then there shouldn't be any problem. But if you are buying it used or on-line, then your vin # is important.

The first part # in the illustration is for an ML up to 089349.
The second part # is for a ML as of 089350.

Attachments

·
Registered
1998 ML320
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are you saying that you have to move the wiper arms to get it wok? If so then it is your wiper motor.
Yes, I need to move the wiper arms with my hands after I turn them on to get them to start wiping.

Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
2004 w211 E320 base
136 Posts
Yes, I need to move the wiper arms with my hands after I turn them on to get them to start wiping.

Thanks for the info.
i have the motor for the rear wiper if you need it, it came of a 1998 ml320 shoot me a pm with your zipcode to estimate ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts