Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Overnight it appears that the fuel runs back to the tank. To start the car it is necessary to crank the car for over a minute. For the rest of the day it is fine.

·
Registered
w163 02 ML500 W210 97 E50Amg w202 99 C230K w124 - need more space, time to build again
1,643 Posts
Overnight it appears that the fuel runs back to the tank. To start the car it is necessary to crank the car for over a minute. For the rest of the day it is fine.
Welcome wilko1941, :)

Read here.

·
Registered
2003 ml500, 2004 ml350
478 Posts
Could very well be you need to change the fuel filter. It has a pressure regulator built in. When worn one symptom is long crank. Because after sitting all the fuel drains back

See post 10 here for where I just purchased one at a good price

·
Premium Member
2000 ML55 sold😢 2013 ML500,😁 2015 C250 estate wagon, 1927 Dodge 4 sedan, 1929 Dodge
4,556 Posts
Could very well be you need to change the fuel filter. It has a pressure regulator built in. When worn one symptom is long crank. Because after sitting all the fuel drains back

See post 10 here for where I just purchased one at a good price
It’s a diesel they don’t have the regulator in the filter.

·
Registered
2002 ML270
10 Posts
I had a similar problem with my 270 and found there were air leaks in the 0 rings at the ends of the fuel lines. I was able to purchase O rings from Mercedes. The clips that hold the fuel line ends are difficult to release and can break. A couple of zip ties can hold them in place.
I would suggest that you start with the line from the fuel filter to the pump and see how you go.

·
Registered
2003 ml500, 2004 ml350
478 Posts
It’s a diesel they don’t have the regulator in the filter.
My bad on not catching that, you are correct. Just get so use to the majority being gas at least in the states that slipped by.

Leo suggestion on the o rings sounds like a good place to look. Air coming in would cause fuel to drain back.
But wouldn’t fuel be spraying all over. Unless under pressure the o rings seal up.

Mea culpa

1 - 6 of 6 Posts