Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Subsequent to my step-by-step report of the bi-xenon retrofit (http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w164-m-class/1540445-oem-bi-xenon-retrofit-success.html), I am excited to report sucessful retrofit of the 09-10 LED tail light to my 07 320 CDI!

With posts like the folllowings, I knew it was possible to perform the retrofit:
http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w164-m-class/1541289-2007-ml350-oem-led-taillight-retrofit.html
Is it possible to retrofit the new rear lights (OEM LED) - Page 2 - MBWorld.org Forums

Again, I would love to perform the upgrade, but having to spend $2000 on it is out of the question!
Unfortunately, there were no info regarding what parts are actually needed, nor the procedure of it.

I am happy to report today that I have successfully completed the retrofit. Parts needed are:
1. Pair of OEM 09- LED tail light (I bought used from ebay, with slight imperfections not noticeable to naked eye)
2. OEM rear SAM for the ML (again from ebay. Without any knowledge of what fits and what doesn't, I just took my chances, within reasons, and I was lucky!)
3. Star Diagnosis system in developer mode
4. all other hardware tools, nothing special or proprietary.

Please come back to this thread for detailed step-by-step procedure. I will write it up and post within the next couple days.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here are a few pictures of the finished product. As can be seen, the lights are of Euro specs, with the amber turning signal, which I prefer, as opposed to the red. I find the red hard to distinguish from the rest of the brilliant red of the light.

Attachments

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz ML-550 AMG 2008 Complete Edition
6 Posts
What are the steps to follow for complete this change

Hello,

I am interested in installing these LED OEM Tail Lights (2010) on my ML-550 2008, which I do for my work? what would be the steps to follow to avoid any code on the computer?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
exactly as I have outlined in the step-by-step procedure. Please look it up. Let me know if you ahve questions.

·
Registered
2007 ML 320 CDI
1 Posts
Hi, i'm interested to retrofit my 2007 ML 320 CDI with LED tail lights, you mention star diagnosis system. Can you please explain what it is.
Thank you

1 - 6 of 6 Posts