Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
'03 E220 CDI, '05 A150, '06 ML320 CDI
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a car magazine in which they test and compare a ML 500 and the new Audi Q7 4.2 FSI. They conclude that the Audi is a better car because of superior interior quality compared with the cheap plastic quality in the ML, regardless of the facts that ML has a much better engine and transmission! :confused:

I think the Q7 is just an oversized Audi with VW technology and components. Had an A4 1.8T as loaner once, it felt like a noisy and uncomfortable go-kart. I wonder why these journalists clearly always try to rank Audi higher than MB? (E.g. also the A6 vs. E-class)

·
Registered
'10 Mbz S550, '03 Mbz C240, '03 Audi A4 2.0 Stroker, '08 Lexus SC430 PB Edition, '07 Prius
643 Posts
I was also watching a video on the Q7 about a month ago and it was not that great. The 0-60 time is said to be 6.9 they got 8.2. They said handling was OK, but the engine sounded very unreassuring. Just to tell you i have heard that the only reason why some cars you never thought would win, win because the companies such as BMW, pay these testers to give them good reports, so they could use the standings to their advantage. Lately, Audi hasn't been doing so well on ratings. It's like VW when the Toureg came out it became number 1 in the standings and the year after it was no where to be found. I hate to say it but thats the truth. Also, Mercedes-Benz never pays them so thats why you never see in a Car And Driver SUV line up a Mercedes-Benz M-class.

·
Registered
'03 E220 CDI, '05 A150, '06 ML320 CDI
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In the test they claim that surely the ML was the overall winner of a SUV test performed last year but Audi Q7 has beaten it in handling and superior quality.

Personally I think the Q7 is ugly both from the outside and the inside. Nothing near a well designed MB.

·
Registered
ML320/LexusLS460/LexusGS350
366 Posts
AR.Shah said:
In the test they claim that surely the ML was the overall winner of a SUV test performed last year but Audi Q7 has beaten it in handling and superior quality.

Personally I think the Q7 is ugly both from the outside and the inside. Nothing near a well designed MB.
Guys, don't forget that Q7 has a kissing cousin that the media loves and is being re-invented as we speak...The Porsche Cayenne, Cayenne S, Cayenne Turbo, Cayenne Turbo S. If you believe any of the car mag hype, has Porsche ever made a bad vehicle?
Even with its VW roots, they claim the Cayenne is the epitome of all "sporting" SUVs. I can't lie...I'd take the Turbo in a heartbeat, that is until the ML63 comes along. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts