Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
ML320
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
someone damage my driver's side mirror while parking and left without a single trace. i was so pissed with it and have to had it replace. but the question is will the new 03 ml side mirror fit into the 98ml? the main problem that i'm afraid of is the base of the mirror, is it going to fit perfectly? please advise.

·
Registered
1999 ML320 (Sold)
404 Posts
the newer stlye mirrors will fit your 98 but the wiring is completly different and also the mirrors and hardware is aprox $1200.00 you can splice the wires into your 98 but its going to cost you.

·
Registered
ML320
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
is there anywhere that i can get it cheaper and instructions on the fitting?

·
Registered
1999 ML320 (Sold)
404 Posts
I dont know of anybody that has the newer style mirrors except the dealer. Someone awhile ago said they could get some but I think he thought they were stolen? As far as the wiring if you buy them I can email you instructions so can wire them. I believe there has been only 3 people on this forum that have done this myself, c-rod and chris.

·
Registered
ML320
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks alot, i'll check it out from the dealer and see what i can do with it.

·
Registered
98 ML 320, BMW 3 series
130 Posts
You could always replace it with the 98 style and replace the cover with the LED turn signal covers which will be available in March from Jerry if you want the turn signal mirror look.

Also try ebay for a replacement mirror, I've seen them in the past.

·
Registered
ML320
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the suggestions but i have a questions on the replacement. I notice that the 98 mirror cover has two parts, one being the back where the signal lens is and another is the front part where it holds but of the mirror. In short, looking at the mirror fromt the top view you'll see a line which separate the front and the back parts of the cover. The lens from jerry, does it come with the front part or just the back part only

1 - 8 of 8 Posts