Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my car back on Friday presumably the problem got fixed by itself. When the customer service rep called me he told me that they tried the car for several days and the problem is gone. But he said to try the car, and if the problem persists they will call the tech a Mercedes Benz Canada to come to look at the car. And from this point on it is Mercedes problem. So I pickup my car late in the afternoon, the customer service rep was gone they finish at 2:00 o'clock on Friday, so I didn't have a chance to speak to him. First thing I noticed walking toward my car is a black spot next to one of the sensor on the front bumper, at first I thought it was a dirty spot, but when I came closer to the car I realized that it was paint that shipped away leaving the bumper cover unpainted. I complained to the director of the biggest Mercedes dealer in Canada, he told me not to worry that he will have the bumper cover repainted!!!
Then I took my car and drove away. After a while the same cracking sound coming from the dash where still present.
So after leaving my car on Monday morning for 4 days. I got a problem with paint peeling off the front bumper, and the same cracking sound coming from the dash board.
Now, I really think that the car is manufacture in a Chrysler plant and serviced by a Chrysler Dealer.

·
Registered
2014 ML350 BlueTec
2,626 Posts
Hey "R".........

I got my car back on Friday presumably the problem got fixed by itself. When the customer service rep called me he told me that they tried the car for several days and the problem is gone. But he said to try the car, and if the problem persists they will call the tech a Mercedes Benz Canada to come to look at the car. And from this point on it is Mercedes problem. So I pickup my car late in the afternoon, the customer service rep was gone they finish at 2:00 o'clock on Friday, so I didn't have a chance to speak to him. First thing I noticed walking toward my car is a black spot next to one of the sensor on the front bumper, at first I thought it was a dirty spot, but when I came closer to the car I realized that it was paint that shipped away leaving the bumper cover unpainted. I complained to the director of the biggest Mercedes dealer in Canada, he told me not to worry that he will have the bumper cover repainted!!!
Then I took my car and drove away. After a while the same cracking sound coming from the dash where still present.
So after leaving my car on Monday morning for 4 days. I got a problem with paint peeling off the front bumper, and the same cracking sound coming from the dash board.
Now, I really think that the car is manufacture in a Chrysler plant and serviced by a Chrysler Dealer.
Not to question you, because, l'm sure those sounds are more than annoying, but are you certain, the cracking is coming from the Instrument panel ????(drivers or passengers side ??) l have some ticking, cracking noises as well coming from my 11 ML550, but it sounds like it is coming from the passenger side door panel.............Take a peak and see if the foam is present between the front glass and the IP...As well..how long have you had this vehicle, do you hear these noises in the summer months or as it has gotten colder ??? My noises are definetely cold weather sensitive..........Check your centre console as well, l am able to produce a cracking sound when the door is moved from side to side......Just throwing some ideas out there ......................

1 - 3 of 3 Posts