Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I recently (mid October) bought an ML 350 Bleutec 2011 with the Grand Edition package.
The car has 2000km, this car has so many rattles; starting from the dash bord to the front windshield to the panels on the doors. Also the back door takes over when the dashbord is not rattleting. It is very anoying to hear all these noises when going over bumps. Some time when the car is warning up (going from cold to hot) the dash start craking and the car is not even moving. I brought the car to the dealer for the third time and still not fixed. It is going in for the fourth time on Monday. To bad that we don't have the LEMON LAW in Canada.
Does anybody have the same kind of problems with their car. If yes did you get any help from Mercedes, because I am constantly going back and forth and I don't have the time. I am planning to call or write a lettre to MB Canada.
After spending so much money on a car and having to deal with all these problems, I feel as if the car was manufactured in a Chrysler plant, I think that Mercedes should be ashamed of them selves.

I have a grand cherokee limited, the car is 8 years old and it has less ratltes than my ML 2011. Mecanically thought it is a diffrent story that will take me several pages to describe.

:mad::mad::mad:

thanks

Raph133

·
Registered
'11 ML350
131 Posts
my 2011 ML350 is whisper quiet...well, almost. It was delivered with "something" in the driver's side subfloor that rolls around with every fricken change of direction.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Rattles are usually something not fitting correctly, or something being torqued during operation.

Is it possible that this vehicle was in an accident? Did it have these rattles when you test drove it?

My ML only has a whirring sound when I open the throttle which is undoubtedly some accessory under the hood. I plan to have them check it when I go back to get my plates.

·
It was fun while it lasted
2002 ML320, 2005 S430 4MATIC RIP, 2010 F150 Crew Cab
11,148 Posts
I discovered a resolution to several rattling issues with my 2006 ML350. One was with the glove box which self adhesive felt fixed. The other rattles that came from the back happened to be the seat belt buckles hitting the plastic posts on both sides of the car. When letting the seats down, it allows these to hit and they have to be pulled back in place when the seats are raised.

·
Registered
2002 Slk 320 & 2011 ML 350 Grand Edition
9 Posts
I also bought my ML350n in October and it hs about 2500 kms on it. So far it is whipser quiet (knock on wood). When I took delivery of mine the salesman told me there is a one year adjustment period to deal with any creaks or rattles.

Please let us know how (and if) you resolve it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I also bought my ML350n in October and it hs about 2500 kms on it. So far it is whipser quiet (knock on wood). When I took delivery of mine the salesman told me there is a one year adjustment period to deal with any creaks or rattles.

Please let us know how (and if) you resolve it.
Of course the salesman will tell you that, the reason been it is a lot easier to retrun a 2000 km car than a 20,000km car. We also got a C class for my wife in April 2010. The car has 14,000Km a no creaks or rattles. But Mercedes changed the transmission after 12,000Km due to some bearing noise comming from the transmission.

·
Registered
08 ML350; 07 RDX; 05 Murano; 02 Rodeo
211 Posts
my 2011 ML350 is whisper quiet...well, almost. It was delivered with "something" in the driver's side subfloor that rolls around with every fricken change of direction.
:p

That "something" is in fact inside the left (under driver seat) rear heater tube. May be a lipstick, may be a small pen.....your MB mech surely knows how to take it out.

:thumbsup:

my .02

·
It was fun while it lasted
2002 ML320, 2005 S430 4MATIC RIP, 2010 F150 Crew Cab
11,148 Posts
:p

That "something" is in fact inside the left (under driver seat) rear heater tube. May be a lipstick, may be a small pen.....your MB mech surely knows how to take it out.

:thumbsup:

my .02
Or it could be a cruel joke that an assembly line employee done. I recall back in 1995, a Mitsubishi Diamante came in to the dealer while I was getting my Diamante serviced under warranty. The driver was complaining of a series of rattles that was coming from the sunroof area every time she turned. After removing the headliner, they found that someone had placed 10 washers on a cable that ran from side to side on the sunroof. Of course, every time she turned, the washers would slide over. Pretty funny, I thought. But it wasn't my car.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts