Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Ml270 CDI 2002, All stock bits and bobs, just engine remap to boost bhp.
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Ml loaded up, happy as larry hauling stuff every weekend. Just passed 100k and running great, thanks to the forums for tips on everything from blown fuses to replacement parts!:)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1999 ML430
1,750 Posts
Hope you checked your bridge clearance and avoided fast-food drive-thrus !!

Just kidding !!!! Amazing how much the ML's will haul. Using the interior rear-cargo net from floor-ceiling we can cram an AMAZING amount of stuff in that area. That leaves the front and rear seats roomy with space for laptops/books/pillow/etc.

I absolutely love the ML versatility. Once we got to the beach (St. Augustine), we unloaded everything and drove on the beach using the full-time four-wheel drive ! Never even needed to go to Low Range !!

Pulled a dual-axle U-Haul trailer back from Duke University to Atlanta and she ran like a top and very stable. Averaged 15 MPG burning mid-grade and she was rock-solid for the whole trip, even during some serious thunder-boomers !!

·
Registered
2003 ML 320: Engine:112942 31 305548, Transmission: 722662 03 807606, FrontAxelAL431020714752162233
128 Posts
interior rear-cargo net

Hope you checked your bridge clearance and avoided fast-food drive-thrus !!

Just kidding !!!! Amazing how much the ML's will haul. Using the interior rear-cargo net from floor-ceiling we can cram an AMAZING amount of stuff in that area. That leaves the front and rear seats roomy with space for laptops/books/pillow/etc.

I absolutely love the ML versatility. Once we got to the beach (St. Augustine), we unloaded everything and drove on the beach using the full-time four-wheel drive ! Never even needed to go to Low Range !!

Pulled a dual-axle U-Haul trailer back from Duke University to Atlanta and she ran like a top and very stable. Averaged 15 MPG burning mid-grade and she was rock-solid for the whole trip, even during some serious thunder-boomers !!
That word makes my temperature rise each time I hear it "interior rear-cargo net" The guy I got my 2003 ML320 from decided it was too much trouble to keep up with through the years and threw it away along with the retractable cargo cover for the rear. I have the charcoal interior. If anyone out there feels the same way as the guy I bought the ML from please don't throw it away, please ship it to me. I can use it but can't pay dealer prices for it. Small fee plus shipping I can offer. Been out of work since March of this year. Lets say $75 for both.

·
Registered
1990 190E 2.6,.... 1998 ML320, 2005 ML500SE
3,103 Posts
I once received a call from a co-worker in a panic. He was at U-Haul and they wouldn't rent him a full size trailer because his Toyota pickup didn't have enough towing capacity according to U-Haul's specs for that vehicle. However they would rent him the trailer if he used my 98ML.
Mike

1 - 4 of 4 Posts