Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2006 ML350/2009 C300
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2006 ML 350 and in the last couple of days I have had a check coolant level indicator that pops up when I start the vehicle. When I first start the car it pops up and every time just to be safe I have opened the hood and looked at the coolant reservoir, each time finding that the reservoir is full other than about a 1/4 to 1/2 inch at the top of the reservoir, that appears normal. Once I drive the vehicle and park it, shut it down and come back to it after a little while and start it again the light disappears. It seems like when I start it again and the light is gone, the vehicle is warm still. Any information would be appreciated, has there been an issue with the sensor? Or something else I am not seeing there could be an issue with. Thanks

·
Registered
2008 ML 350 4MATIC W164 Gas VIN: Last 7 Digit: A308649
114 Posts
I have 2008 ML 350 and I am having the same issue. My coolant level is full still same issue. I had this issue some time ago and opening and closing the cap resolved issue but came back again. Seems like it is coming in winter more often than summer. I live in East Coast.

·
Registered
2006 ML 350 (my first Benz)
95 Posts
I have a 2006 ML 350 and in the last couple of days I have had a check coolant level indicator that pops up when I start the vehicle. When I first start the car it pops up and every time just to be safe I have opened the hood and looked at the coolant reservoir, each time finding that the reservoir is full other than about a 1/4 to 1/2 inch at the top of the reservoir, that appears normal. Once I drive the vehicle and park it, shut it down and come back to it after a little while and start it again the light disappears. It seems like when I start it again and the light is gone, the vehicle is warm still. Any information would be appreciated, has there been an issue with the sensor? Or something else I am not seeing there could be an issue with. Thanks
When you say you check just to be safe, is it AFTER you start the car? I had the same issue on my 06 2 weeks ago for a few days. Indicator came on after I started, and went out quickly. I checked the reservoir before starting and it was low. I added and the light has quit comiong on. You may need to check before starting.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts