Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

ML 320 W163 heater problem.

374 Views 2 Replies 2 Participants Last post by  BokkieAndijk
Dear MB techies.

I have a 1998 ML 320 W163 without climate control. If I put the blower on the highest setting and turn the warmer/colder button from min to max or vice versa, I can hear the ventilation valves moving in the dashboard, but the air from the grilles remains warm to the maximum. I don't trust the heater valve that controls the water supply. Can someone tell me where it is located?

Greetz, Cor
Dear MB techies.

I have a 1998 ML 320 W163 without climate control. If I put the blower on the highest setting and turn the warmer/colder button from min to max or vice versa, I can hear the ventilation valves moving in the dashboard, but the air from the grilles remains warm to the maximum. I don't trust the heater valve that controls the water supply. Can someone tell me where it is located?

Greetz, Cor
See more
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2003 C320 coupe, 2000 ML320
1,202 Posts
Pull the glove box out.. up around the back left side of the air bag is the control arm and motor for the temp vent flap... The extension arm is made out of plastic... they like to break..

· Registered
ML 270 CDI 2004 225 bhp
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pull the glove box out.. up around the back left side of the air bag is the control arm and motor for the temp vent flap... The extension arm is made out of plastic... they like to break..
Thanks. The 2 control arms where stuck. After moving them by hand a few times, they got lose again. Fingers crossed, so far so good. 🙂

1 - 3 of 3 Posts