Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Mercedes ML 270 cdi AMG
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Can't find exact problem on forums so hoping someone can help me. I've got an ML 270 cdi W163 (2001) and both key fobs have packed up at the same time..I changed the batteries in the remotes and i have reset them both with the ignition in position 2, click 5 times (etc etc) and it works only once on locking or unlocking the car but after the first reset i have to reset all over again as if the key doesn't store the reset info. I have also just noticed the red LED alarm light doesn't come on like it used to. I can lock and unlock doors manually but the remote doesn't work on either fob after resetting once. Hope someone can help as i have had it up to the back teeth with the never ending alarm problems with this car! :surrender:

·
Premium Member
02 ML320 06 ML500
16,866 Posts
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but your problem has been posted many times by other members and it always comes down to a faulty AAM (All Activities Module), N10 in illustration.

The cheapest way is to find a used one at a junk yard and hope for the best. Before you hunt around for one, remove both covers on the fuse box and then lift up the fuse box slightly to get the four numbers off the white tag, e.g.53 32, which will complete the entire number of 163 545 53 32.

Attachments

·
Registered
37 Posts
Possible Key Fob Fix

Part of a thread. Reversing the recommended procedure fixed mine

01-13-2011, 02:04 AM #7 (permalink)
brt
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Jul 2004

Partial Success Using Alternate Method
I have a 2000 ML320 and the sync method in the manual did not work. I did the alternate method (holding down the "unlock" button and depressing the "lock" button 5X) and success, but the range is very limited. I have to be right at the driver's door for the remote fob to work. Up to this day, the range was normal(until both remotes stopped working today). Any suggestions?
brt is online now Report Post Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
brt
View Public Profile
Send a private message to brt
Find More Posts by brt
Add brt to Your Contacts
Old 01-13-2011, 02:49 AM #8 (permalink)
idahombz
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Jan 2008
Vehicle: 98 ML320 7 Seats, all options 01' S500

weak battery was the cause for my case...
idahombz is online now Report Post Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
idahombz
View Public Profile
Send a private message to idahombz
Send email to idahombz
Find More Posts by idahombz
Add idahombz to Your Contacts
Old 01-13-2011, 02:15 PM #9 (permalink)
brt
BenzWorld Junior Member

One remote has new batteries. One has "old" batteries. Same range issue on both remotes
brt is online now Report Post Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
brt
View Public Profile
Send a private message to brt
Find More Posts by brt
Add brt to Your Contacts
Old 01-13-2011, 08:30 PM #10 (permalink)
brt
BenzWorld Junior Member

Update: Remotes Working Normally
I had left the doors locked (window rolled down) overnight in the garage. I went in today to do something in the garage and turned on a loud air compressor. The car alarm went off. I silenced it with the remote fob. The remote's range is back to normal on both of my remote fobs. Doesn't make sense, but it seems to work.

Note that I used the instructions for a 2002 ML to fix the sync problem on my 2000 ML320.

This forum has saved me lots of money that would have gone to the dealership.

·
Registered
Mercedes ML 270 cdi AMG
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
resetting

Thanx but tried resetting every way recommended with no joy...i have reset before when battery died last yr with success but it's def not that. I think replacing the AAM may be the way 2 go....after searching for that specifically it seems more promising. Just gotta find one now...mercedes want £201 + VAT for one as a last resort....think i'll wait for a second hand one and keep the horn disconnected! Anyone know if the AAM has to mapped to the car? Mercedes are not sure but they think its a plug and play item.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts