Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I,ve recently purchased a yr 2000 2.7 d ML. I have noticed when I put my foot down on the gas a Hissing/ whooshing noise comes from the left front side of the engine. The noise tails of when Cruising. The car was returned to the garage for checks and the mechanic ( not merc experianced) was a bit puzzled and could not find any cause. He seemed to think it might be a normal function. I would gratefull for any assistance. Its my first Merc im a BMW convert.:)

·
Registered
15 Posts
I,ve recently purchased a yr 2000 2.7 d ML. I have noticed when I put my foot down on the gas a Hissing/ whooshing noise comes from the left front side of the engine. The noise tails of when Cruising. The car was returned to the garage for checks and the mechanic ( not merc experianced) was a bit puzzled and could not find any cause. He seemed to think it might be a normal function. I would gratefull for any assistance. Its my first Merc im a BMW convert.:)
Are you sure it's from the left side? I have an E270cdi, when I accelerate, I hear a slight turbo turbine whine from the right side.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are you sure it's from the left side? I have an E270cdi, when I accelerate, I hear a slight turbo turbine whine from the right side.

Hi, thanks for reply, Its definiately the left hand side, the Turbo seems fine no loss of power etc. It like an escape of air,all the hoses have been checked and seem fine.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi, thanks for reply, Its definiately the left hand side, the Turbo seems fine no loss of power etc. It like an escape of air,all the hoses have been checked and seem fine.

You're driving an ML class. With the higher ride height and chassis, it could probably be the movement of the wind turbulence underneath the body.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts