Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1250v
445 Posts
It does seem unlikely. Both our trucks that did it had the same symptoms he is describing, the fuel pressure was enough to push all the air and then coolant out the overflow. Both those engines use electronic injectors with a common rail fuel supply. Lots more places for the coolant and the fuel to be close together.

I have never seen that on engines this old with mechanical injectors.

And thanks for the pictures, its good to see what those parts look like.

·
B 200T W245 ,
67 Posts
all i can say about this is water (or coolant) do not mix , does not really burn like diesel fuel , kind of likes bending and or breaking things in the cyl/s , still does not seem possible ? unless he has a fuel filter separator ? where one has a tap at the bottom of the fuel filter ? i do not know the moggies , but if it is really pushing injector fuel into the overflow tank of the radiator , the best way would be to see, but in no way i would go to korea to [email protected]@k. :sick:

·
Registered
1250v
445 Posts
He may have to pump some fuel from the bottom of the tank and let it settle in a bottle and see if there is any coolant in it. My guess is there will be.

·
B 200T W245 ,
67 Posts
He may have to pump some fuel from the bottom of the tank and let it settle in a bottle and see if there is any coolant in it. My guess is there will be.
but to get into the overflow tank of the radiator ? i just find it strange that diesel fuel getting into it , but who knows now as he seems not to be around , maybe his wife borrowed it ? or someone playing a prank ? really hard to say as do not know if engine is cold or hot , or what aftermarket things are being used ? it could be a mix up , or his separator at the filter for fuel .

·
Registered
1250v
445 Posts
I agree, especially with this type of motor. If there is no coolant in the fuel tank it would be worth flushing the coolant system and starting with fresh coolant

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
안녕하세요.
나는 가능성이 가장 높은 부분을 작업했습니다.
연료와 냉각수를위한 열교환 기입니다.
내부 크랙으로 확인했습니다.
냉각수는 직접 연결됩니다.
냉각수 파이프를 통해 연료가 누출됩니다.

·
B 200T W245 ,
67 Posts
here is a translation :
Hello.
I've worked on the most likely part.
It is a heat exchanger for fuel and coolant.
Confirmed by internal cracks.
Coolant is directly connected.
Fuel leaks through the coolant pipe.

·
Registered
2015 Rubicon Unlimited (Let the shame be upon me!)
4,082 Posts
Yes, yes it does. Seriously cold too.

So, problem identified if not exactly solved. I assume then that this exchanger is to keep fuel warm for cold climates. @U 1450 DOKA , would it be possible to post up your chassis number and see if this exchanger can't be identified in the SA codes, perhaps save some other poor soul this fate down the road?

·
B 200T W245 ,
67 Posts
diesel is in fact a oil , so in really cold weather it can in fact turn like a GUMP GLUE , and really bad in a bio fuel , (canola oil , you know the stuff they fry chips and fish in) diesel fuel .....it burns baby burns. funny how engine oil has certain grades , good old tolerances of bearing to metal ........i hate having a low BSL . i tend to rant .

·
Registered
U1450L DOKA
11,236 Posts
It sounds like a Railway Truck, with the roof carrier, super narrow rims, and (odd) sliding side door with a sliding window. Full width partition - between the front and back seats ? Automatic transmission. Abbie,................. Abbie Normal.

We ( well, I...) seek PHOTOS.
04a9201357bae4dc9241645fa2203b2e.jpg

·
Registered
06'E350 wgn,05'E320 CDI,04'E320 wgn,85'300CD,67'230SL
135 Posts
This one uses a malt-based coolant! 😋 You can really get steamed!

21 - 40 of 47 Posts