Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is diesel fuel in the coolant tank.
The coolant was exchanged and it ran 60km.
The empty space in the coolant tank was filled with diesel fuel.
I am wondering which part is the cause.
Injector pump, injector, high pressure fuel hose???
I can hardly know.
Please help me.

·
Registered
2015 Rubicon Unlimited (Let the shame be upon me!)
4,072 Posts
Typically the fuel system and the cooling systems don't touch. The fact that it's raw fuel is concerning. Running well?

Are you losing coolant as well?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
지금 그대로 100km / h를 달릴 수 있습니다.
냉각수가 손실되지 않습니다.
비워진 탱크는 디젤 연료로 다시 채워집니다.
냉각수 탱크를 열면 디젤이 넘칩니다.

·
Registered
1250v
419 Posts
With some diesel engines this happens if your injector cups are bad. We have had a volvo dump truck and a Ford diesel engine do the same thing. I don't know if these engines can have this issue or not

·
Registered
B 200T W245 ,
67 Posts
i have seen this on the 5 cyl inline engines does this model have a external cooler for coolant ? have you checked the radiator for leaking the correct way ? (by pressuring the radiator to see if any pressure loss ? when the engine is hot do you check to see if the radiator hoses are pressured ? does the intake manifold run coolant through it ? unsure on your model , might be a idea to check these things.

·
Registered
1989 W124 260E
2,789 Posts
How do you know its coolant from the engine cooling system ? it might be from the diesel tank on the forcourt of the garage .

·
Registered
5 Posts
Lots if not most of modern diesels have fuel coolers. Some are simple radiators others are cooled via the engine coolant. Google your car model with "fuel cooler".

·
Registered
B 200T W245 ,
67 Posts
agreed , like the 5 cyl diesel engines they have a oil cooler which also has coolant running through them from the engine , the seals can go or the whole cooler can go where it will show in the reservoir , but having diesel fuel into it causes some concern . , but writing it in korean is not really giving the full story. ??? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
06'E350 wgn,05'E320 CDI,04'E320 wgn,85'300CD,67'230SL
101 Posts
Hmmmm, it would be good to know what model and year.
First thing I thought of is that maybe someone other than OP mistakenly 'topped off' the coolant reservoir from a jug with a clear liquid that 'looked' like water.
Murphy's Law you know. Crazier things have happened. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
B 200T W245 ,
67 Posts
Hmmmm, it would be good to know what model and year.
First thing I thought of is that maybe someone other than OP mistakenly 'topped off' the coolant reservoir from a jug with a clear liquid that 'looked' like water.
Murphy's Law you know. Crazier things have happened. :rolleyes:
LoL understood , not a great deal of info from this member , but my understanding is that his coolant overflow is filling with diesel , kind of a worry after all diesel fuel when delivered to a engine is under pressure , and if it goes to the radiator m makes me think there is a very serious problem .if that is the reservoir for radiator ? kind of hard to say seeming that the pic looks like a water bottle from a shop .

·
Registered
U1450L DOKA
11,199 Posts
The OP has a U1450 DOKA, so the engine is either the OM352 or the OM366 in some form ( NA, Turbo, or Turbo / Intercooler).

That sample of coolant contamination is definitely shown in a water bottle, and not in the coolant reservoir- possibly just an illustration of the ratio he is dealing with?

Writing in Korea complicates the process of
Seeking help with this problem, I agree.

Since English is the common language here on this forum, I think that he would be much
More likely to revive input from a larger proportion of the people here if he took the time to translate and post his questions in English.

( German or Afrikaans would even reach more forum members directly than Korean, but I think it is fair to say that posting in English would be his best bet.)

·
Registered
B 200T W245 ,
67 Posts
* receive input, of course.
Not ‘revive’.
Spell-Suck strikes again.
what ? he did write in english in first post by the way , but maybe he might be stuck ? in a field somewhere or went to check it in the dark ........ with a lighter ? :eek:

·
Registered
U1450L DOKA
11,199 Posts
Yes, he has posted in English a number of times.
I’m just saying that I think that if the
‘Help Seeker’ takes on the slight burden of Translation, then the pool of ‘Help Givers’
Is likely to increase. This should, in turn,
Lead to more information, and hopefully a diagnosis and a solution t to the problem.

·
Registered
06'E350 wgn,05'E320 CDI,04'E320 wgn,85'300CD,67'230SL
101 Posts
"The OP has a U1450 DOKA, so the engine is either the OM352 or the OM366 in some form ( NA, Turbo, or Turbo / Intercooler)." So, I guess the question is whether there's a 'Fuel Cooler' on either engine that's cooled with engine coolant??

·
Registered
2015 Rubicon Unlimited (Let the shame be upon me!)
4,072 Posts
No,not usually. Coolers are typically found with high pressure lift pumps, typically post IP.

As for his posting in korean, he's done it before as well as in english. Google translate helps with it and you can train chrome to always do it on the fly.

Back to diesels, these big diesels typically recycle at the IP back to the tank. I wonder if by chance did someone confuse a coolant blow off and the tank return and make a mistake.

Sampling the radadiator coolant for fuel contamination would help explain how far the problem extends.

·
Registered
1250v
419 Posts
I was just going to say the same thing, when it happened with our volvo we first found the coolant fuel mix in the water seperator of the fuel filter.

I believe the 352 engines have a fuel return line out if the back of the head, if that fuel runs in a passage in the head, a cracked head or gasket could cause the mixing also.

·
Premium Member
Unimog U1250
1,753 Posts
I was just going to say the same thing, when it happened with our volvo we first found the coolant fuel mix in the water seperator of the fuel filter.

I believe the 352 engines have a fuel return line out if the back of the head, if that fuel runs in a passage in the head, a cracked head or gasket could cause the mixing also.
I had a look through my photos, as I also thought it could be the problem, but it seems that the port at the back of the head just goes through from the oil gallery, I don't think there is a coolant passage close to it. The port is in the bottom right hand corner. Can't see how a crack in an inject could get into the cyclinder head coolant passages either, lots of metal in the way.

The bottom left in this one shows the inside.

Maybe someone is putting diesel into the coolant tank just to mess things up.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts