Discussion Starter #3
I have no changed spark plugs,
Is it the cause ?
I Try change today.

·
Registered
1991 190e 2.6 automatic
760 Posts
What is your exact question? How is your car mixing fuel with engine oil?

·
Registered
mercedes - benz c180 cgi 2011
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
after 150 KM driving, when I check oil level I see 1 liter more on normal level
Instead of 6 liters may go 7 liter

·
Registered
1991 190e 2.6 automatic
760 Posts
after 150 KM driving, when I check oil level I see 1 liter more on normal level
Instead of 6 liters may go 7 liter
I'm not sure what you mean but our cars take 5.5 litres of oil . If the oil goes high on the dipstick after 150km it's because the oil has expanded. It shouldn't go much higher than 1 cm though from the max

·
Registered
1999 E320, 2000 E320, 2003 E320 Wagon, 2005 C230K SS, 2010 Accord LX w Eibach & Koni FSD's
2,726 Posts
Are you checking oil level with engine off for at least 5 minutes?

How do you know there is fuel in the oil?

·
Registered
mercedes - benz c180 cgi 2011
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Every morning before I run the engine, check the oil level.
It shows that the level of oil goes more than normal level of one liter
And moving light and change the sound of engine
When I change my oil shows a mixed of gasoline and oil with more than 6.5 liters
Do you expect that the malfunction high Fuel pressure pump?

·
Registered
C 180 CGI - 2010
1 Posts
mixing petrol with engine oil

Hello,

So first of i have a C Class model C 180 CGI W204 - 2010, and i had this problem last year and here is what i did:

1. Took it to a MB dealer ( Vse va?e priljubljene znamke na enem mestu | Avtohi?a ?epin ) and they said this is nothing and due to making short trips (15 km to work and then back so ~35 km a day) it probably just some condensation in the engine. They changed the oil and oil filter and said i should drive it on longer trips. They also said there is no way that petrol is mixing with engine oil. After two days it was back to white smoke and more oil in the engine than max on oil dipstick.

2. Took it to a friend to change spark plugs as we thought this could be the problem and again change the oil. This did not fix it.

3. Took it to MB dealer in Ljubljana (Autocommerce - Mercedes-BenzAutocommerce) they did a diagnostic on the car and told me that the high pressure fuel pump is the problem. They wanted to charge me 1700€ to change it. I did a little research on the internet and ordered a high pressure fuel pump from Welcome to the online shop of the genuine car parts pro’s (Benzin pumpe for Mercedes C 180 CGI BlueEfficiency - 2010 Nr: A2710703501) Then took it to a local dealer and they changed it, so the car was running fine and i was relieved that i solved the problem.

4. This winter i noticed that the car was acting funny, so today i checked the oil and guess what again the white stuff on oil cap and more than max on oil dipstick and a strong smell of petrol. :(
I also noticed that the cooling liquid was low.

Any suggestions what is the main problem for this, i think it has to do with winter and the cold, because the car was fine the whole summer.

Tanks in advance for any suggestions you guys may have.

·
Registered
MB W204 c250 coupe 2013
2 Posts
Hello,
I have the same problem now with my W204 c250 2013 coupe. The fuel gets into oil, it seems that the engine is not working nicely when it is cold. I have changed the spark plugs etc. but it did not help. One car repair shop told me it can only be because of high pressure fuel pump. Other guys took it out and said it is impossible because it has enclosed system and cannot mix oil with fuel. I don't know what to do, did you guys find a solution to this problem??

·
Registered
2013 C250
4 Posts
ditto

Hello,
I have the same problem now with my W204 c250 2013 coupe. The fuel gets into oil, it seems that the engine is not working nicely when it is cold. I have changed the spark plugs etc. but it did not help. One car repair shop told me it can only be because of high pressure fuel pump. Other guys took it out and said it is impossible because it has enclosed system and cannot mix oil with fuel. I don't know what to do, did you guys find a solution to this problem??
did you engine rattle on start up after sitting a bit? did you find a solution?

·
One of the BW Old Guard/R129, W204 Moderator
1997 SL500- 40th Anniversary
7,165 Posts
Guys, I believe you all have head gasket problems, or worse...

White smoke and white "stuff" on oil cap are tell-tale signs. check your coolant level to determine/confirm.
I see no way a fuel pump can do what you are reporting unless a dead cylinder and fuel running down cyl walls.

·
Registered
2004 SL500, 2014 C350 Sport
259 Posts
mixing petrol with engine oil

Hello,

So first of i have a C Class model C 180 CGI W204 - 2010, and i had this problem last year and here is what i did:

1. Took it to a MB dealer ( Vse va?e priljubljene znamke na enem mestu | Avtohi?a ?epin ) and they said this is nothing and due to making short trips (15 km to work and then back so ~35 km a day) it probably just some condensation in the engine. They changed the oil and oil filter and said i should drive it on longer trips. They also said there is no way that petrol is mixing with engine oil. After two days it was back to white smoke and more oil in the engine than max on oil dipstick.

2. Took it to a friend to change spark plugs as we thought this could be the problem and again change the oil. This did not fix it.

3. Took it to MB dealer in Ljubljana (Autocommerce - Mercedes-BenzAutocommerce) they did a diagnostic on the car and told me that the high pressure fuel pump is the problem. They wanted to charge me 1700€ to change it. I did a little research on the internet and ordered a high pressure fuel pump from Welcome to the online shop of the genuine car parts pro’s (Benzin pumpe for Mercedes C 180 CGI BlueEfficiency - 2010 Nr: A2710703501) Then took it to a local dealer and they changed it, so the car was running fine and i was relieved that i solved the problem.

4. This winter i noticed that the car was acting funny, so today i checked the oil and guess what again the white stuff on oil cap and more than max on oil dipstick and a strong smell of petrol. :(
I also noticed that the cooling liquid was low.

Any suggestions what is the main problem for this, i think it has to do with winter and the cold, because the car was fine the whole summer.

Tanks in advance for any suggestions you guys may have.
Possible blown head gasket. White smoke, low coolant level, and white stuff under the cap all indicate water in the oil.

·
Registered
222.132 & 221.122 & 213.050 & 906.633
10,425 Posts
Guys, any more news about this "gasoline within engine oil" issue?

Our 213 has less than 30 000 km and it has suffered from extreme amounts of fuel in engine oil since new! Seems it is an issue during the winter (cold contries/states). It can have 2 litres of gasoline within some 5000 to 10000 km mileage.

The 274 engine in a 213 does not have the A2710180729 valve that was mentioned above. Even if it had a similar valve, I cannot see how engine breathing would bring fuel to engine oil. More like the lack of engine breathing or perhaps a leak somewhere else that feeds fuel to the breathing lines?

This is definitely not a head gasket issue or coolant leak otherwise. Could be that in other cases. I heard the workshops have a queue of CGI cars waiting for unplanned engine oil change (cold part of Europe).

1 - 17 of 17 Posts