Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
'07 S550
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanted to see how many people out there have an actual button for their rear window shade? The manual shows the button to be amongst the many on the overhead console, however in my car it's just a blank spot. Isn't that odd? The only way to otherwise access the shade without having to go through COMAND is to program the "favorite" button as the shade, but it strikes me as bizzare that I don't have a dedicated button! Anyone else???

·
Registered
'07 S550
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Figured out the problem--the button I thought I was missing is only for the pano-roof... Guess I will be sticking with the favorite button...

·
Registered
222.132 & 221.122 & 213.050 & 906.633
10,429 Posts
Just to tell you that you are not alone here, myself I was also expecting to see the rear window shade control button at the overhead console. The manual is not very clear on this but as you say, it seems that the intention always was that this overhead console button is only for the pano roof shade.

I don't see why this button could not be assigned for the rear window shade on cars that do not have pano roof. Perhaps MB thought this would be confusing for people that use both types of cars. It would leave the favourite button for some other favourite tasks.

·
Registered
9 Posts
hehehe...i went throught the same problems...that asteric button near the computer wheel...on the left side of it...can be programed for the rear shade....set it to favorite...hope this helps

lemon

1 - 4 of 4 Posts