Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
02 CLK55 AMG
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, checking out a 'blown' rear fog light on an 02 and lo and behold, the holder that contains the bulb and then locks into the light housing is completely missing.

I've searched but can't find one listed as a spare part. Does anyone know where I can get one, or which other models it's common to so I can search a salvage yard ? My local parts stores aren't any help !

·
Outstanding Contributor Always Remembered RIP
216 with everything. 2002 SL500 with everything. 2009 SL500 with everything.
6,543 Posts
It is normal in the UK and many other places to only have one on the offside

·
Registered
02 CLK55 AMG
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's interesting, (as an expat living in the US I confess I don't remember ever looking at my UK cars and noticing).

Any US owners confirm that only the driver's side rear fog is fitted ?

·
Registered
37 Posts
That's interesting, (as an expat living in the US I confess I don't remember ever looking at my UK cars and noticing).

Any US owners confirm that only the driver's side rear fog is fitted ?
With how many assholes drive around with both rear fogs fitted and on in the US, I would almost guarantee both sides have a socket for a lamp.

·
Registered
02 CLK55 AMG
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I really agree with that sentiment ! Frankly, I doubt if I'll ever use them, but I hate things that don't work as intended. It certainly has the socket.

·
Registered
02 CLK55 AMG
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
For anyone interested I was poking around at this again as I'd found a holder that might be modified to work, but wasn't co-operating.

Well, I discovered the left side light assembly has 3 wires going to it, the right, only two.

Seems television was quite correct. I have to conclude only the left side lamp is powered. The right side loom looks intact, and I can't see why anyone would remove a wire. Next time I get very bored I might trace it back to verify.

·
Registered
'01-E320 & 02-ST2
31,631 Posts
It's only configured for one fog lamp in the rear.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts