Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2004 s600. The car sat for about 4 days and then started sinking on the left rear, then left side, then all sides so that by the end of 10 days it was down.

When I finally started it, it warned "too low" but I pressed the car rising switch and it came right up. I've checked the top of the struts for cracks and leaking and don't see any. I'm thinking this isn't that abnormal (to sink over this period) and was going to forget about it when I checked location "O" in the right fuse box and there isn't anything there.

It's supposed to be the airmatic relay (according to chart) but the slot is empty. I'm thinking that it must not need one because without the relay, the airmatic shouldn't work at all and it's obviously working. Then I thought maybe the relay just works with the car off.

I've tried to search for an answer but can find anything on point. ?????

·
W221 & Audio Moderator
2013 S550
10,978 Posts
It is not "normal" for the car to sink. You likely have a small leak somewhere in the system.

I am very puzzled as to why or how the Airmatic pump would work at all, unless someone jumped some contacts - but that would burn your pump out very quickly.

You need the relay. You can get it at the dealership or if you can wait for delivery, from the source at post #8, http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w220-s-class/1381158-checking-airmatic-relay.html

1 - 2 of 2 Posts