Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK I have just replaced the intake manifold on my 08 E350 and now I am getting misfire on Cylinder 1 2 and 3 I believe I got the manifold gasket back in the right position but cant be sure HOWEVER IF I got it wrong surely I wouldn't get a 'misfire code' I would get a 'lean' code.
WHAT the hell is common to cylinders 1.2 and 3 perhaps I damaged something that is common to them, ALSO are cylinders 1,2 and 3 the ones on the right of the car ??
URGENT help needed this is the wife's car :).

·
Registered
2000 S430, 2003 S430, 2000 S500, 2003 S600 TT, and 2005 E320 CDI
4,487 Posts
Actually, you might well be getting misfires on cylinders 1, 2, and 3. My S600 TT is currently getting them on 1-6, i. e. the entire bank. What I did was put my SDS on this car and have a look at the ME-SFI section, then Actual Values, followed by the smooth-running test. That'll tell you if you're getting misfires, and sure enough, I was. Does this happen just at idle, or does it happen also when you're revving the engine? In my case, it was only at idle; revving the engine up to even 1,000 RPM kept the misfires from happening.

And yes, cylinders 1, 2, and 3 are on the right-hand side of the car, from the perspective of sitting in the driver's seat and looking forward.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response, I discovered what the problem was (my own fault) when I put the new intake manifold on I had the gasket 'slightly' out of alignment (although I would have sworn it was correct) and it partially blocked number 3 injector port and because of the misalignment I was getting what is known as a 'lean misfire' , when I installed the next new gasket I held it in place with some sealant and tape making sure not to interfere with the intake ports, now it runs like a dream but boy oh boy did this take some finding.

·
Registered
2000 S430, 2003 S430, 2000 S500, 2003 S600 TT, and 2005 E320 CDI
4,487 Posts
Good deal, and thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts