Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gotta give the kid credit for trying. After all, you know how awful those first-grade teachers can be when you're late.

Boy, 6, misses bus, tries to drive to school
He ran off the road several times before hitting embankment, utility pole
Jan. 6, 2009

WICOMICO CHURCH, Va. - Having missed his bus, a 6-year-old Virginia boy tried to drive to school in his family's sedan — and crashed.

State police say the boy suffered only minor injuries and eventually arrived at school after being evaluated at a local hospital. Police did not immediately return a call Tuesday asking who brought him there.

It happened around 7:40 a.m. Monday on Route 360, about 61 miles east of Richmond.

Police say the boy, who wasn't identified, missed the bus, took the keys to his family's 2005 Ford Taurus and started toward school while his mother was asleep.

He ran off the road several times before hitting an embankment and utility pole. Police say he wasn't wearing a safety belt.

The incident remains under investigation.

·
Registered
31,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Please tell me the car was totaled.
It's a 2005 Ford Taurus.

He hit an embankment and a utility pole...after going off the road several times, so there's probably some curbs involved.

Our economy ain't so great right now.

In pristine shape who wants a four-year old Taurus?

Yeah, I'd say totaled. And the family better hope so...who'd want it back? Hey, now that I think of it, I wonder if they put him up to it so they could get rid of the darn thing? That's one smart family and a clever kid, too, but I'd feel better if he had been using his carseat with the safety belt. :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts