Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The businees next to mine sells nearly new and top quality cars. Last week they had a 96 SL320 come into the shop, but it was sold to the first person who saw it (befire ME). It had 55,000 miles, white with blue soft top and camel interior. It was in excellent shape, NOT a mark on it! Sold for $27,000. I don't know if that was a fair deal for that year/condition, but man was it a great car.
Any comments on price/condition of simular cars would help me because I was so excited about this car and I'm not sure if it was a deal or overpriced. By the way, I'm in Seattle

·
Registered
SL500, ML320, E320
538 Posts
Billy:
$25k is the Kelly Blue Book average retail - - $15.5 for trade in and private party sale presumably somewhere in between.

Depending upon condition and maintenance history, potentially a fair price - -but certainly not bargain by any means.

I would think you can do better privately. I don't think you missed a unique opportunity.

Regards,

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for setting me straight on pricing. The car looked very clean, but I guess it wasn't worth the price.
Billy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts