Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1999 SLK 230
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all! I was low on fuel the other day and the low fuel light came on. A few minutes after that, the check engine light came on. I went to a gas station and filled her up with 91 octane and both the low fuel and check engine light went away. The following day, the check engine light was on again, codes were P0300, P0301, P0302, P0303 and P0304. Changed the spark plugs, spark plug wires and boots, then cleared codes. Took her for a test drive and all was well, even idled smoother than before. This morning, started the car and no check engine, however, after about 30 seconds, check engine light started blinking, then turned into solid light. Pulled codes and they were P0300, P0301, P0302, P0303. Seems that the misfires happen only after a cold start-up, during the first few seconds while the car is on high idle. I wonder if letting the fuel get low has anything to do with it? I have replaced the fuel filter about 2 months ago. The cars great, no hesitation, no sputtering after warm up. Any help would be greatly appreciated. TIA.

·
Registered
1999 SLK 230
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update: Cleaned the MAF and put Techron Fuel Injector Cleaner in the fuel tank to see if it will clean the fuel injectors. Since tank was low on fuel, might have some gunk in the fuel injectors coming from the tank that clogged the injectors. Re-tightened gas cap also. Hopefully this will cure the misfires on start up. Have to wait till tomorrow to see if the CEL comes on again during cold start. Will update the forum. Thanks.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts