Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2020 MB GLE 450 4MATIC, 2015 BMW M4
2,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While waiting for my ML350 to be produced in about 2 weeks, I have been pestering the dealer every time they get new vehicles in.

Looked at a Pewter/Gray ML500 today. I love the Pewter color (reminds me of BMW Sterling Gray, though a little lighter), which is what I ordered. I do not care at all for the gray interior--too light and lifeless.

Also, checked out a Black/Charcoal ML350 w/ Appearance package. I also love the Charcoal/Aluminum Appearance interior. Very sporty, classy and comfortable (the Alcantara is great). The 350 does not come with the little storage drawer under the HVAC controls the 500 has--I may order a new face panel and the drawer parts.

I played with the air suspension in a parked mode. it is very quiet, but takes about a minute to raise, and 10 seconds to lower. The 3.4" raise is substantial. It also lowers .6" at speed, but that doesn't appear to be manually controllable. I ordered tha air because I want to be able to set Sport mode when I drive and let my wife set Comfort.

The wait is starting to build on me! Hopefully, mine's here in 5 weeks.

·
Registered
2004 G500 (gone)
1,100 Posts
GregW/Oregon,

Excited a little are we, eh? [:)] [:D] I know the feeling and it's awesome. Enjoy your new toy when it comes and, as always, take some pictures!

[:p]

One question though, how does the black leather (full leather) interior look and feel like on the ML? I've seen pictures but I'd like to actually hear from someone who has bought one and has to live with it on a day to day basis. I'd also like to hear from someone who's sat in one and played around with the buttons. [;)]

·
Registered
06 ML350
71 Posts
GregW / Oregon - 4/22/2005 8:45 PM
I played with the air suspension in a parked mode. it is very quiet, but takes about a minute to raise, and 10 seconds to lower. The 3.4" raise is substantial. It also lowers .6" at speed, but that doesn't appear to be manually controllable. QUOTE]

Greg, So, you say that with 'airmatic' you can not lower the car if you press sport mode?
.6" on the car like that seems too little...[:(]

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
RE: Airmatic

aleveran - 4/23/2005 7:19 PM

I played with the air suspension in a parked mode. it is very quiet, but takes about a minute to raise, and 10 seconds to lower. The 3.4" raise is substantial. It also lowers .6" at speed, but that doesn't appear to be manually controllable. QUOTE]

Greg, So, you say that with 'airmatic' you can not lower the car if you press sport mode?
.6" on the car like that seems too little...[:(]
You may be right that sport mode lowers it, but I have not read that. I know it raises automatically at 140 kph and lowers again when back to 40 kph. Here's a pretty good description:

http://www.germancarfans.com/news.cfm/newsid/2050109.002/page/7/lang/eng/mercedes/1.html

·
Registered
241 Posts
Hello GregW.

The 06ML350 that I placed on order in des 04, with sceduled production 10. mars, 2005 is not produced yet!! so I got anotherone. So make sure that your car is on schedule, because there seems to be some sort of problem with customer specific cars!

Anyway, I think that the new ML with Airmatic lower itself about 15mm when in Sport mode. I am quite sure I have read it somewhere and it certainly looked that way as well.

Regards.

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
...got raises and lowers backwards!

-

·
'00 ML320 Elegance
8,965 Posts
Looked at a Pewter/Gray ML500 today. I love the Pewter color (reminds me of BMW Sterling Gray, though a little lighter), which is what I ordered. I do not care at all for the gray interior--too light and lifeless.
I like the Pewter as well. The grey is not too bad as it creates a lot more of an airy feel than the darker charcoal colour. My preference would be for the Sport pkg with the Grey Alcantara seats actually.

The 350 does not come with the little storage drawer under the HVAC controls the 500 has--I may order a new face panel and the drawer parts.
I was actually wondering about that and whether it's related to the Thermotronic 3-zone climate control option.

I played with the air suspension in a parked mode. it is very quiet, but takes about a minute to raise, and 10 seconds to lower. The 3.4" raise is substantial.
Yes the raising time is normal for all of MB's Airmatic systems. ABC (Active Body Control) does raise the car faster, but it's not a pneumatic based system of course.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts