Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Don't do it! The mirror tint is a fully metalized film which conducts between the rear defroster and the antenna. AM radio reception will be reduced and if you are equiped with navigation...no good. I am a professional window tinter and specialize in mercedes. If you want the silver look to your windows it can be done with the metal film but the film must be grounded for one. The second must due is having the film cut along the top defrosted line wich will reduce conduction of the metal film to the antenna wich is in the window also. See these mercedes use the rear window as the reciever for the door locks, raido, navigation and defroster and if these components are bridged it causes problems. You go onto a shop with these concerns and they will know that you are very informed. I assume your vehicle is silver? Huper Optic window film is ceramic based not metal and looks a little silver...not your standard black. This is about the best film on hte market. Another great film is the LLumar axcess. Another non-metal film. If you have any questions please get back to me and good luck!

·
Premium Member
2,713 Posts
I have always thought mirror tint makes you look like a crack dealer...

·
Registered
31 Posts
Just looked at your user ID photo and saw the convertable. I'm not sure weather or notyou will have any other electronic components in the window besides the defroster. Look at the window to see the lines or grids. Contact your local dealer w/ the vin and look at the part # for the rear window. If it has defroster only you are good to go on any metal film! Just make sure the radio antenna and or navigation antenna are not in the rear window. Good luck!

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
DONT DO IT !!

IT WILL LOOK SHIT !!

NUFF SAID :D

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
The slk is one of the only small cars you can tint and not look like a dick, But mirror tint is a step to far IMO, I have never seen a car it looked good on.

If your gona tint go smoked black, But not to dark, Mine are a little dark for my taste, I will be dropping them down a few % this year

1 - 8 of 8 Posts