Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
08' C300 sport 4MATIC
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering getting mirror tint to offset some that brutal Arizona heat; is worth it?

·
Registered
2012 C250W Sport
16 Posts
I recently got a flat black tint to only 35% (MA legal) all around - $300 - and the heat rejection is very noticeable and IMO worth it. A mirror tint from a legitimate place will provide even better heat rejection for a modest price increase (i was quoted $350). In a climate like yours, I would certainly go for the lowest pass through amount.

EDIT: the reason I chose the flat black was cosmetic - I have a black car and didn't like the mirror look. If it works for you, however, go for it

·
Registered
08' C300 sport 4MATIC
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I recently got a flat black tint to only 35% (MA legal) all around - $300 - and the heat rejection is very noticeable and IMO worth it. A mirror tint from a legitimate place will provide even better heat rejection for a modest price increase (i was quoted $350). In a climate like yours, I would certainly go for the lowest pass through amount.

EDIT: the reason I chose the flat black was cosmetic - I have a black car and didn't like the mirror look. If it works for you, however, go for it
your right, the mirror look may pose a problem. I have a blk/blk car and i'm a little worried about how i'm going to deal with that heat when i get down there, but i don't want to jeopardize the look of the car either. I may just go with 20% neutral frt, and 5% limo rear. thx.:cool:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts